Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
MyDads37

Default '37 convertible sedan seat frame information needed

I need to place an ad in "The Swap Meet" looking for a front seat and rear seat frame for a 1937 convertible sedan. I have been told that the front seat frame plays a critical role in the strength of the body and fastens to the B pillars to support the doors. My question is... Is this front seat frame unique to the 1937 year or is there a series of years that will work? Is there any photos available to view to see the frame that may be used to possibly fabricate one in the event one isn't available. Thanks for any and all replies.
MyDads37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
Kurt in NJ

Default Re: '37 convertible sedan seat frame information needed

I have a 36 conv sedan ,the seat frame is seperate from the 2nd cowl that ties the 2 door posts together, the front seat is on tracks for ft-rear adjustment, the back seat is springs that snap in for the bottom, hook in for the back, Snyders sells springs, but it looks like they skip over 37---perhaps if you call
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/se...nvertiblesedan
Kurt in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
TJ

The 37-39 convertible sedan front seats should be the same. There's both a 38 and 39 converetible sedan for sale on e-Bay right now. In looking at the front seats it appears to be the same as the seat in a friend's 37 convertible sedan. There's very little difference between the bodies on the 37-39 convertible sedans.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
Kurt in NJ

Yet Snyders lists different springs for each year they list in the 35-39 conv sedans, perhaps it is time to do some research in the body parts book
Kurt in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
TJ

35-36 convertible sedans are an entirely different animal than the 37-39 convertible sedans. Seat springs also changed along with the change in upholstery and side trim panels. Seat springs would not be good to determine if seat frames were the same or not.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
MyDads37

Thanks for the replies!
Kurt thanks for the link to Snyders. I'm new to hobby and any resource is greatly appreciated. As far as a separate "cowl" behind the front seat back that allows the seat to adjust forward and back, that makes sense. I've seen many photos of the 37 convertible sedans and it seems that no two seats are the alike. Some have what appears to be a separate piece behind the seat, others look like its just a seat back only. I guess my next step is to locate a body parts book and hopefully it shows an exploded view of the front seat and seat frame.
Thanks again!
MyDads37 is offline   Reply With Quote