Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #21
Spokes

Default Re: Moth Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight (pun intended), but the toxicity of Febreze seems to have taken on urban legend status.

From the ASPCA:
Febreze
A vet once warned me that Febreze is not safe to use in the home if you have pets. However, I know many people who do use it. What is the answer to this controversy? I have a 9-year-old cat and do not use Febreze.

- Taylor B.

Good question, Taylor. Contrary to rumors circulating on the Internet alleging that Febreze causes serious illness or death in pets, our veterinary toxicology experts at the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center regard Febreze fabric freshener products to be safe for use in households with pets.

As with any product, it is important that you always follow label instructions for use. However, should your cat accidentally come into contact with Febreze when it is still wet, we would not anticipate problems beyond mild skin irritation (which can occur with any product in animals with sensitive skin) or minor stomach upset, if it is ingested.

Snopes also covered it:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/febreze.asp

As did the Humane Society:

Is Febreze Fabric Refresher safe?
Rumors circulating over the Internet have accused Febreze™ of being dangerous to companion animals, and have warned consumers to avoid using this product.

American Humane Association investigated these accusations and reports there is no substantial reason to be concerned about this product with regard to the health of most companion animals. The National Animal Poison Control Center (NAPCC), operated by the ASPCA, has issued Febreze its seal of approval after a thorough review by veterinary toxicologists.

The NAPCC suggests that Febreze is safe to use as directed in households with dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, and rodents. The NAPCC recommends that birds be removed from rooms when spraying any household cleaning product until the area is fully ventilated because of their unique respiratory physiology. Due to a lack of data about Febreze's interaction with animals other than dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, and rodents, other animals should be removed from rooms when the product is being used.
Thanks Michael for clearing this up. !!!
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #22
eagle

I have used dryer sheets to keep mice away, they leave a nice smell but last year I found a
mouse nest made almost entirely of chewed up dryer sheets. So much for that theory.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #23
Slowplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
WELL, I hope we don't DIE!!! Whin an Old Man & his Dog live alone at home, FEBREEZE is your "SECOND BEST FRIEND"!!
Bill W.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, its too dark to read." Groucho Marx
Slowplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #24
Chris Haynes

Have you really ever smelled moth balls? If so did you hold them by their wings or their legs? :-)
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Chris Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote