View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
Jim/GA

Default Re: length of the tail pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjames View Post
Good Morning Everyone
Greetings from a warm and sunny Sioux Falls South Dakota. I am currently working on a 1930 Model A four door sedan. I would like to ask your comments on how long the exhaust tail pipe should be, as on this car it ends adjacent to the rear seat. While there seems to be no carbon monoxide fumes coming into the car, it could happen? Where did "Henry" end the tail pipe on this model A? I think that on this car it needs to go another 24 inches to reach the outside and rear of the body? Then the question is, does this extension have a bend in it to go over the rear axle or just straight and under the axle? Your comments and perhaps a diagram would be appreciated. Thanks Harry
Henry ended the exhaust pipe right where you have it now. Yes, it is under the car. We find that weird today, but this is where he had it.

See this prior thread:
https://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157531

Ford sold a tail pipe extension to be used on the Station Wagon body style and for use on some of the large AA trucks.

I know of several people who have added a short piece of pipe to their exhaust, to get it out beyond the body.
Jim/GA is offline   Reply With Quote