Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #41
Droobie

Default Re: Tudor paint job prices

I have about 600.00 invested in mine. It is a single stage system. I will say that I am not of the norm because I used the painter (for direction) and booths at my place of employment. Got the paint and primer for free as well as the masking tape and plastic. All I had to pay for was all the sand paper and lead. I know first hand how much labor goes into this project.... Mr Brent, Ken, and Tinbasher all deserve every penny they receive from a paint job they do. I think when it was all said and done I had 360-370 hours in prep work alone ( stripping, Hammering, cutting, welding, lead work, prime, sand, prime, sand, prime, sand some more). I feel lucky and my wife feels neglected. I still have to color sand three years later! tired of sanding!!
Droobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #42
sturgis 39

I have had a few upside down investments in my life time. Just drive a new pickup off the lot and it is an upside down investment. I never expected government help or wanted government help. Here is another trite saying. The bigger the boom-the bigger the bust!
I was working on a project a few years ago. There were some young workers that were afraid they would never be able to buy a house. I told them to wait a few years and there would be more cheap houses on the market and they could have their pick.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #43
Seth Swoboda

"The only other advice I can offer you if you have decided to overlook the advice I gave in the first sentence of this paragraph is to find a shop/craftsman who is in the Restoration industry and not in the Collision Repair industry."

I will agree with Brent here, this is a VERY important point. Collision repair shops make big profits on insurance collision work and do not want your restoration/repaint work & they will treat you in a way that reflects this.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote