Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-27-2015, 09:34 PM   #1
Leonard

Default Fraud

There is a member on the ford barn that goes by jjjeffery768. BE very careful with any deals with him, he will take your money and not send you any parts.
Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
There is a member on the ford barn that goes by jjjeffery768. BE very careful with any deals with him, he will take your money and not send you any parts.
safety tip: google the persons name and or email address, ive gotten 4 emails from people saying they have what i want and googled their names. turns out they were on several different forums sending the same emails out (literally 95% of the words matched) and people getting burned by them.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #3
160B

If you search him out he has made zero posts.

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/member.php?u=70091

Here is another post dealing with the same individual.

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1167408

If you don't have time to do it right the 1st time, how do you have time to do it the 2nd time?
160B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #4
Patrick L.

Its a shame but you have to careful who you do business with over the phone or internet. If a bank/cashiers check is sent, its cash and not much or nothing can be done.
This would be a nice world if everyone could be trusted.
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #5
ericr

this is extremely disappointing to hear and the sad part is that the individual has to have had some background with the Model "A" Ford hobby....this is such an esoteric hobby that a random scoundrel would not wander into it or if one did by coincidence, he would not have the know-how to talk our language.
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:33 AM   #6
Chris in CT

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hello Fellows,

A word of caution here. I see some posts from time to time warning of doing business with unreliable vendors or individuals. Legally, one must be very careful of not crossing the line from giving such an entity a "bad review" (which the reviewer must be fully prepared to document), and devolving into slander, for which there are civil penalties. A warning not to do business with non-authenticated entities is one thing, but we need to be very careful about using names and accusing such entities of being
"scoundrels" or "crooks". Be skeptical, and be safe!
Chris in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #7
henry's 31

Thanks for providing the information so that others don't get burned.

Henry's 31
henry's 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #8
Leonard

I believe this fellow might live in Nunnelly Tn . I did a search and found a Jeffery J Johnson address and phone number in Nunnelly Tn. I phoned the number and talked to a lady that told me that JJ ( Jeffery J Johnson ) was her grandson and that he lived with her. I have not herd from jjjeffery768 since I talked to the lady. Someone may be using this fellows identity though .
Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #9
BlueSunoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris in CT View Post
Hello Fellows,

A word of caution here. I see some posts from time to time warning of doing business with unreliable vendors or individuals. Legally, one must be very careful of not crossing the line from giving such an entity a "bad review" (which the reviewer must be fully prepared to document), and devolving into slander, for which there are civil penalties. A warning not to do business with non-authenticated entities is one thing, but we need to be very careful about using names and accusing such entities of being
"scoundrels" or "crooks". Be skeptical, and be safe!
Chris I just had something like this happen to me about a year ago. I was attacked by a person who was upset with me, with a business decision I was in on, and they made up a letter and sent it to a couple dozen stockholders really slamming me and calling me a thief and a crook.

I took the letter to one of the Company Attorney's and she about fell out of her chair She said 'Well, you DEFINITELY have a slander suit here how do you want to go about it?" I told her I just wanted them to leave me alone. She sent a Cease and Desist letter to the person, and said the next contact from her would be a lawsuit. Somebody close to that person told me they about sh-- their pants when they got that letter and that was the end of it. People that this person sent the letter to were calling me with 'what the heck is THIS letter it's ignorant?' People knew me well enough to know it was all lies.

So to answer your post ----- DEFINITELY use caution when saying bad things about someone on a public forum! I know there are times when I said things I shouldn't we all do. But you do have to be very careful.
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #10
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSunoco View Post
Chris I just had something like this happen to me about a year ago. I was attacked by a person who was upset with me, with a business decision I was in on, and they made up a letter and sent it to a couple dozen stockholders really slamming me and calling me a thief and a crook.

I took the letter to one of the Company Attorney's and she about fell out of her chair She said 'Well, you DEFINITELY have a slander suit here how do you want to go about it?" I told her I just wanted them to leave me alone. She sent a Cease and Desist letter to the person, and said the next contact from her would be a lawsuit. Somebody close to that person told me they about sh-- their pants when they got that letter and that was the end of it. People that this person sent the letter to were calling me with 'what the heck is THIS letter it's ignorant?' People knew me well enough to know it was all lies.

So to answer your post ----- DEFINITELY use caution when saying bad things about someone on a public forum! I know there are times when I said things I shouldn't we all do. But you do have to be very careful.
Slander is not only involving individuals. It can indeed be charged by companies. I am very surprised that with the amount of accusations against Macs, that they have not chosen to sue for slander. I believe the day is coming !
The AACA item does not allow the use of names and I believe they say it is to protect their own interests against civil litigation ! Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote