Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
sturgis 39

Default Re: Is There An Electrician In The House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeypoconos View Post
Call me crazy but;

Just re-installed the generator and hooked everything up. Changed out the cut-out to the one that was originally on the car. For the heck of it I got out the multi-meter and checked voltage.
At idle 6.2 everywhere except armature side of cut-out 0 volts
At high idle 6.2 all around, 0 at armature side of cut-out
Let her run at high idle and checked again. 6.2 everywhere except armature side of cut-out. 0 volts.
My electricity challenged brain tells me A) Bad cutout? B) bad connection at battery side of cutout? C) all of the above? Or, D) what the heck is going on????

Joey

If there is no voltage on the armature side of the generator when the engine is running, than the generator is not putting out when the engine is running. You did not paint the generator after it was tested and there is not a ground for the generator.That darn paint is a good insulator when you do not want it to insulate and is not a good insulator when you need a little luck.

I am still waiting for Ford Garage to reply about voltage at the cutout. I could be 180 degrees off on this stuff.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote