Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
dean from bozeman

Default David Frazier's Auction

David Frazier is retiring from restoring and selling Model A parts and collecting memorabilia. He and his wife are moving to a (senior?) community where storage is limited. It also is time for him to retire after nearly thirty years of selling Model A parts at Hershey.

His auction will be run through the Parzow Auctions. It will be held at the Great Frederick Fairgrounds 797 East Patrick St., Frederick, Maryland on March 9th and 10th.

Here is the link to look at the auction items. Copy and Paste.

http://parzowauctions.com/2_day_auction_8.html

I was not asked to place this info on the Fordbarn. David has been a friend who I met 13 years ago at Hershey. Some of the parts that I bought from him are on A495. It is with this background that I want to help out a fellow Model A guy.

If nothing else, cut and paste the above URL address and check out the items available. The first day is focused on his Model A, trailers and Model A parts. The second day is focused on automotive memorabilia. Amazing just to look at.

I will miss seeing David at Hershey next year. I wish him and his wife many wonderful years in retirement.

Dean
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: David Frazier's Auction

Hey Dean, since David is your friend and he is selling out, see if he will tell you his secret pricing code that he used on his parts at the swap meets. He never had anything priced that I could remember, but just had that series of letters that no one that I knew could decode.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
dean from bozeman

Brent, you are so right. I always thought that he had spent some time at Bletchley Park. David's code was impossible to crack.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #4
Oldbluoval

David's code is alpha translated to numeric to a coefficient of how much he likes you divided by your estimated age and add 1/5 of how much money is in your billfold!
Just kidding David retiring and buddy's fire loss are both losses to the hobby and to me personally
Regards to both
BU
Oldbluoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
mhsprecher

Many retailers in the old days would come up with a code based on the ten numbers, 0-9. It could be a name or just words, as long as no letter was repeated. They would then put the price they paid in letters, so they knew what they paid for every item without letting the world know. I am sure most people understand that, but just in case there are some out there who might not know the practice from the old days. I worked in a couple of stores who did that, I guess so that they could barter without losing their shirts.

I do not know David, but I do remember stopping at a spot this year where the parts had those letter codes. It was the first time I had seen that used in many, many years.
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:13 AM   #6
ronn

and if the code was a decoy and you were just priced by whether or not he liked you?
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:03 AM   #7
Keith True

In the mid 70's we had a line at the junkyard that chattered constantly with requests from other yards.Problem was that somebody had to be there to hear what they were looking for,and know in your mind if you had it or not.All the prices were in code so the customer standing there wouldn't know the price you were paying for the parts.Every digit had it's own word.One was,quick.Five was tom.Zero was paul.So if something was $150.what you would hear over the speaker was quick tom paul.If it was $100.you would hear quick paul paul.Much nicer now with the internet.Nobody has to be married to the desk.They can just zip through the latest additions every hour or so,takes about 2-3 minutes.If you have it,contact them with a price.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote