Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
daveymc29

Default Parts for several makes including Model A and T's

In my travels I was contacted by a lady that has Model A and T parts as well as early V8 and other makes. A small storage shed and a few "trunks" full. Some are in Walnut Creek CA and others near Fairfiel Idaho. Many are in original boxes and mostly engine and brake parts that I saw. My question is, how is the best way for her to dispose of these? She doesn't expect to get rick off them, but neither does she want to have them end up in a land fill. There are a couple of old radiators with the honey comb look. I am guessing early Dodge, but just don't know. I will pass on any clues. If anyone has an interest, her number is 1 415 1954. [email protected] is her email.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
daveymc29

Default Re: Parts for several makes including Model A and T's

There are a set of numbers missing in my last post, it should be 1 415 713 1954. Sorry, fingers faster than the brain.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
Napa Skip

Default Re: Parts for several makes including Model A and T's

She should have no problem getting rid of the parts in California and perhaps not in Idaho either (although it's been 35 years since I lived in Idaho). What the grandsons of a former Model A owner and parts collector (alright, "hoarder" to be fair) in Napa did was contact all the car clubs within about 25 miles (I wish they had limited it to our Model A club, but I would have done the same in their shoes). They threw open the garage doors at 9am Saturday and by the end of Sunday almost all the stuff was gone (in part because I negotiated a "I'll take everything that is left for $150, which amounted to 3 pickup loads of parts).

In fact, living in Walnut Creek, she could probably strike a deal with the local Model A club to do this for her, or at least help.
MARC of San Diego (1977-1978)
MAFCA (since 1978)
MARC (since 1977)
----------
Model A owners belong in their Model A’s; Model A’s belong on the road.
Napa Skip is offline   Reply With Quote