Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-01-2020, 04:28 PM   #21
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Best Replacement Radiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ/40 View Post
Brent, exactly what are you saying, without being coy?
I am being called out for being 'coy'??

I was just asking questions to old31 who said;
"Bergs is the best.

It will outperform a Snyders HD (brassworks) all day long. You will pay a little more for Bergs, but there is a reason for that.
"

The comment was made that Gery's radiators are the best, and that they will outperform a Snyders HD radiator (-that he felt is a Brassworks). So I am asking who is making the individual components and what the reason for the extra cost is. I am just trying to learn about Model-As by asking questions.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:32 AM   #22
30 Closed Cab PU

I love these "Best" threads. Much useful info comes out of them, but most performance is based on personal experiences. I run a Bergs and am very happy with it, but will not claim it to be an overall performance winner.

Other considerations are fitment, customer service if there is an issue, customer relations, warranty, and cost. These are important considerations and the Barn is an excellent Forum for feedback for this type of info.

The only way to solve a "best" radiator recommendation is empirical testing. I believe the only way to obtain this data is on a engine stand with a variable load in an environmental chamber. Using the same motor with different radiators under exactly the same environmental/load conditions. Testing with water and then antifreeze, with and without a Thermostat.

Pretty complex, expensive, requires specialized testing - I doubt this will ever happen.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-02-2020, 10:03 AM   #23
stevests

I appreciate the comments - Like Terry above, I own & operate a small Model T repair shop and am helping a friend with his "new to him" Model A - he's not mechanically inclined and is having some overheating issues. When I first received the A in the shop, it was obvious that the cooling system had been neglected - I did the "Thermocure" treatment first and it appears to have done it's task but I relayed to him that perhaps the original radiator lost it's ability to do the job !
stevests is offline   Reply With Quote