Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
jan bogert

Default rear shade

i redid the wood in my '31 coupe, and made my own head-liner. how far apart are the rear shade brakets? i want to put the shade back in. i know i should have thought of it before i closed up with the linner.
jan bogert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Great Lakes Greg

Default Re: rear shade

I did the same thing with a Tudor. I just eyeballed it on center and over the window frame. I don't know about coupes, but Tudors have plenty of wood around the windows to catch with the bracket screws. I put my roller in the brackets to get the spacing correct, then used an awl to mark the holes in the back panel material. Turned out nice.
Great Lakes Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
jan bogert

anybody got the coupe dimentions? i only have the brackets not the shade i really don't want to guess.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:22 AM   #4
J Franklin

Find the shade you plan to use and then mount it as greg described.
J Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Aerocraft

My 1930 45B has all the original wood around the rear window. The screw holes are 25 5/8" on center, flanges pointing outboard, and the bottom screw hole is 17 5/8" above the bare package tray. Gar Williams
Aerocraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Rowdy
BANNED

When I am done with the delivery i plan to try to narrow this era accessory rear shade for the back window of it. It is going to be alot of work based on the design and I will have to come up with some period looking material for it as this stiff is ripping as I unroll it. Rod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM002582.jpg (95.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IM002583.jpg (93.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IM002584.jpg (81.4 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
jan bogert

thanks guys.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Jim Boehmke

my original late '31. holes are 25 1/4 apart.
Jim Boehmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:52 AM   #9
reggiedog

Smile Re: rear shade

Jim,

On what car are you talking about ???

Reason being is just the Deluxe Tudor Seadns shade material is 25-1/2" wide by 17-1/2" long and that is just for the material and NOT the roller as the original roller woulld be a little bit bigger as I haven't found those measurements in my old E-Mails as of yet.

I Still have been looking for them but I need to find someone that wants a new shade for the rear window in a Late 31 Deluxe Tudor Sedan with the brown mohair material in it as that is what my car is and she won't make just one shade per car so if I get one person for my type of shade and the same color of my car would be great.

And what ever other car I get after that I don't care I just need 1 more person with a shade for the Late 31 Deluxe Tudor Sedan but what ever type car I get after that all the better but that still doesn't solve anything for me as I still need to get a sample of the original fabric if you want to see a picture of the original fabric that I need I would need your E-Mail address to send you the picture of it.

As I will order other shades for anyone for any type of car that they have but you have to order 2 shades and each shade is $ 300.00 each now I can't remember if that includeds the side curtains for that price or not but if and when I need to I will find that one out I think it's the same price but I'm just not for sure I would have to ask her again to make sure on that one.

So if anyone does want a new original type shade or shades for the car that you have now is the time to get it cause once I find someone that wants one for the Late 31 Deluxe Tudor Sedan I'm done with it and if you do order a shade for a different car other then my type car I don't care but I won't order them tell I get another person that wants a shade for the same type car that I have.

But I will take orders for the other cars now but you would have to put down a deposit of $175.00 now on the shades and then full payment before I order the shades as I have to order 2 shades per car color and type shade as I need to have a even number of shades it doesn't matter as to how many shades I order it just has to be a even number of the same color.

As she only makes them in paires only and it would be what ever the shipping would be to you from where she lives as I don't want any part of the deal once it's ordered through me it can't be canceled and no returns in other words you can't order the shade and It's turned in to her you can't cancel the order cause you will be canceling the order for someone else as well and that won't happen.

It will not be aload that's why it's money up front before the shade is even ordered and all of the money will be in my hands and sent to her at the time of the order but it will be like you ordered the shade from her yourself your name and address and phone number and your E-Mail address will be given to her at the time I order the shades as it won't be going through me at all I did that once and got bit not doing that again.

But I will NOT be ordering anything until I get another shade and the same color for the car I have as I don't want to buy 2 shades myself just can't afford to do that so I need to find someone that wants a rear shade for the same type car I have but I still need a sample of the original shade material before I can do anything.

Reggie

Last edited by reggiedog; 01-22-2016 at 04:50 AM.
reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:20 AM   #10
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan bogert View Post
i redid the wood in my '31 coupe, and made my own head-liner. how far apart are the rear shade brakets? i want to put the shade back in. i know i should have thought of it before i closed up with the linner.
Jan,

I do not know if you got the answer you needed but here is a thought.

Call or email Steve Becker in Denver as I am sure he has plenty of original 1931 coupe bodies with original wood within them still.

If that is the case, ask him to look at the back section above the rear window for the location of the original screw holes for the brackets.

You will need two locations...those being the distance between the two brackets AND the correct distance the brackets are situated ABOVE the rear window.

Looks like Gar has it right on.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote