Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
mfrk
BANNED

Default Respect

How about this if you post something on this site how about at a miniumn you check your messages at least once a day so that buyers can buy from you & if your going to post pics at a later date then post them first
mfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Respect

I feel it's best to pm or email the seller or buyer who has the ad listed. I always ask for a pm or email on my ads rather than have someone post a reply below the ad. This is a requirement on ads placed on the H.A.M.B.
Pictures are another story. Many folks don't know how and don't care to learn how to post pictures. I do agree that if pictures are going to be posted in an ad they should go in the initial post, either when the ad is first placed, or by editing the original post to place them later. However, in some cases you may be limited to how many pictures can be post per message and in that case a reply post may be necessary to post additional pictures on the same ad.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 08-13-2013 at 01:07 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Charlie Stephens

How about you PM or email the seller? If you post you bump the ad to the top which is annoying and not fair to others. Also please don't post "I sent you a PM" as it also bumps the ad to the top. If you serious about buying something you wont post on the ad since others will be PM'ing or emailing.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
mfrk
BANNED

I do P.M. sellers & sometimes its days for them to respond & thats what I mean about respect
mfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Fe26

No one is beholden to you regarding responding to an advert. In my book a non reply indicates there is no interest in your part(s). Move on, the tyre kickers will always behave this way.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
Bobs32

Interesting thread.
Bobs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
Scott H in Wheaton

If a seller doesn't respond to an inquiry about their ad, I just figure screw 'em, probably not someone I'm interested in giving my money to.
Scott H in Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
jim1932

Keep in mind not everyone pops on here three times a day. There are people on here that take three or four days to respond to a social PM/email.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
Uncle Bob

In the past year I've responded to three different ads that the poster put his personal email address in as the preferred mode of contact. To this day not a response from any of them. Sure it's rude, but seems it's the way of the world. I'd prefer to deal with respectful people, but it's a crap shoot. My thanks to those who display the courtesy of a reply regardless of the answer.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
51 MERC-CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
In the past year I've responded to three different ads that the poster put his personal email address in as the preferred mode of contact. To this day not a response from any of them. Sure it's rude, but seems it's the way of the world. I'd prefer to deal with respectful people, but it's a crap shoot. My thanks to those who display the courtesy of a reply regardless of the answer.
Most likely your Email was deleted as SPAM
Know someone who had stuff for sale and complained that he never got any responses.
After advising him to change his SPAM settings so that he could check the SPAM, he found that he was in fact getting responses.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #11
Ken Bull

I like PM replys because being retired I am away from my CP for days sometimes weeks at a time. If Im running an adv & have someone sending a ck or MO I tell them when I will be able to ship. Its also nice that the Barn tells you you have a PM when you get on the site. If its been a long response time I always reply telling why the delay. Ive had my share of no response or worse am holding a part for promised money that is not forthcoming. I view RESPECT as a two way street. Overall my experiance on this site has been very GOOD-Especially all the how to fix HELP & info
Ken Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #12
LuckyFordGuy

Yes I like this site sold lots of parts only had two bad deals just have to over look some people Rog
LuckyFordGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
Uncle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT View Post
Most likely your Email was deleted as SPAM
Know someone who had stuff for sale and complained that he never got any responses.
After advising him to change his SPAM settings so that he could check the SPAM, he found that he was in fact getting responses.
You are correct that that is a possibility, but three for three different people seemed too much of a coincidence.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #14
36Bill

How about the sellers that post parts for sale and then bump them for years, there is one seller that is almost up to 3 years. I am I to go through 7 pages of bumps to see what sold? I would guess that not much is left of the first post but I think that they should relist what they have rather than have us ask if it still there.

I once sent a PM about an item and got an answer 6 months later!

Bill
36Bill is offline   Reply With Quote