Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #41
shew01

Default Re: Model A Day at Gilmore Cancelled!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
I agree!

Great! I don’t want hard feelings with anyone, especially on this topic.

I’m still new to the Model A hobby. I’ve had my Victoria a little less than a year, and this forum has been extremely helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #42
Licensed to kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
I guess my view is different. Paul was clear there were people attending however they were distancing themselves. Likely the ones who felt they needed to wear a mask did so. The ones that felt attending this show was too risky for their health likely did not attend.

Maybe we all need to step back and reconsider our judging of others as to what is right or wrong. There are many things each of us do each day that can be considered life-threatening to ourselves -but not to others. It is up to each of us to decide what the risk is to our own lives and well-being. We really cannot continue to live our life in fear of the 'what ifs'. If so, driving, -or even just owning our Model-As can easily create a long list of 'what ifs'.

Well said. To answer your previous question as to what would have to happen for me to attendant event, one would have to be put on that interested me.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #43
Licensed to kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
To suggest that all 300 plus participants and their guests wore masks and acted responsibly is naive to say the least! If any person in attendance catches the virus I believe the entire organizing body should be held legally and financially responsible in a court of law and required to pay any judgment the court renders.
I was under the impression that the event mentioned was voluntary attendance. Be that as it may, what kind of mask do you suggest??. The much talked about "N95" mask is to prevent the inhalation of airborne particles (IE dust) and do NOT filter out viruses from being breathed in or anything anything breathed OUT, surgical masks are made to filter exhaled air but not inhaled and cloth filters little smaller than a mosquito. So, if you are trying to prevent the spread of a virus, either from you to others or from others to you, which one would you choose??.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:31 AM   #44
77Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
I was under the impression that the event mentioned was voluntary attendance. Be that as it may, what kind of mask do you suggest??. The much talked about "N95" mask is to prevent the inhalation of airborne particles (IE dust) and do NOT filter out viruses from being breathed in or anything anything breathed OUT, surgical masks are made to filter exhaled air but not inhaled and cloth filters little smaller than a mosquito. So, if you are trying to prevent the spread of a virus, either from you to others or from others to you, which one would you choose??.
Dont want to start a mask debate, but I was under the impression that the n95 was about the safest mask to use. The n95 with a valve is NOT recommended, as it expells ones breath which could potentially have C19! It is my understanding that the use of a mask is not really for what one breathes in, as much as to catch what one breathes out, so as to protect others in the vicinity.
I wear a n95 whenever in public.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #45
The Master Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Birdman View Post
It is my understanding that the use of a mask is not really for what one breathes in, as much as to catch what one breathes out, so as to protect others in the vicinity.
Exactly!

Enjoying life at the beach in SoCal...
The Master Cylinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:40 AM   #46
Licensed to kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Birdman View Post
Dont want to start a mask debate, but I was under the impression that the n95 was about the safest mask to use. The n95 with a valve is NOT recommended, as it expells ones breath which could potentially have C19! It is my understanding that the use of a mask is not really for what one breathes in, as much as to catch what one breathes out, so as to protect others in the vicinity.
I wear a n95 whenever in public.
N95 is a dust mask. We wear them all the time when shovelling grain or working in dusty conditions. The ONLY way that any mask will have ANY positive effect of preventing the spread of COVID is if someone infected coughs or sneezes. The mask, in that situation will catch any "vapour" from the cough which is how the virus spreads without actual contact. If someone has a cough of the sneezes, they should not be out wearing a mask, they should STAY HOME!!. If you don't have a cough or the sneezes, wearing a mask is purely cosmetic.