Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #21
VeryTangled

Default Re: Found 1935 Tudor need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_1948 View Post
Hi Guys!... Also how hard are parts to find and for a car in this shape is it worth.
Hi Everyone, Cody, parts are not terribly hard to find for '35 Fords like this one, but isn't there a lot of interior stuff missing?

My eyes see a lot of work before it's a driving car. I'm not looking for another one, but whatever it trades hands for is a fraction of what it will take to get it going down the road safely and in comfort. (Consider upwards of a thousand for five tires mounted and balanced.)

A finished car would be in the twenties, this one, from the photos, and without a title, less than $4K, possibly a lot less.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:11 PM   #22
JM 35 Sedan

Cody, from what I can see of the body, and other sheet metal in your pictures, it looks to be in nice condition, but there's a lot that can't be seen. The paint even looks pretty good from what I can see, but again, difficult to tell for sure in those pictures. Maybe back up a little with that camera and take some shots that show more of the complete car. Maybe some pics of the fenders would tell the story on their condition. What kind of rust, if any, does it have in body panels and fenders? The front toe boards, trans cover, floor boards that are visible appear to be good shape, and nut rusted through. The engine looks complete, and maybe it's even original to that car. The owner said it runs, but how well does it run? The condition of transmission and rear gears are also important to know. The missing items are not that difficult to find, and the title situation can most likely be resolved. I have a soft spot in my heart for '35 slantback sedans, so I would probably be inclined to buy it "IF" the price is right, and that seems to be biggest unknown for us to make a good call on this one.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 02-06-2017 at 12:33 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-05-2017, 11:50 PM   #23
Detonator

'35 slantbacks are great looking cars and from the photos you've posted, it looks like this could be a cool project. Is this your first build? There's a lot of work ahead of you, plus time and money. Kudos to you if you decide to tackle it, you'll find a lot of support here on the Barn.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #24
Vics Stuff

looks like the body is in real good condition from the pics. That is a nice slant back tudor sedan. I bought a complete non running one 5 years ago out of minnesota. Clean body. needs rear fenders. I bought it for $1,800.00. That was a good buy and even came with a title.
Vic
Vics Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:30 PM   #25
35to56fords

I talked to the owner of this car a while back and saw pictures. I thought it might be a decent deal for the money he was asking then. It is too far for me to just go look at it without making a commitment to buy it. The owner was honest about some poor previous work done before he got it. I would want to get a close up and crawl all over it.

Look at the floor in the pictures. What is that? Possibly mat fiberglass? What is under it and how much work will it be to fix it properly. If that was done over rust, what is under the paint that does look decent in the pictures.

It may be a good project. Just look at it very close, bring a magnet and know what your will have to do to make a nice car out of it.
35to56fords is offline   Reply With Quote