Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-18-2021, 01:43 PM   #161
petehoovie

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdog62563 View Post
Rear fender envy! I need a set for the tonner MH. Do you have the market cornered on rust free Jailbar Express bed pieces Gary? Stu

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:21 PM   #162
GB SISSON

Thanks Pete! And I realized that I got the name of the original owner wrong. It said Rimrock Ranch on the title. It is near Mt Lassen in Northern California. It still has some service records on the door jamb from the 60s in that area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rimrock tonner 003.jpg (72.0 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg Rimrock Ranch.jpg (9.2 KB, 331 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:40 PM   #163
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Thanks Pete! And I realized that I got the name of the original owner wrong. It said Rimrock Ranch on the title. It is near Mt Lassen in Northern California. It still has some service records on the door jamb from the 60s in that area.

"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

Old 01-18-2021, 07:31 PM   #164
GB SISSON

I searched a while to find that old photo this morning. Funny there is a 46-47 ford woodie at the gas pump. Looks like you can get a cabin for the night for 49 bucks, according to what I found on the internet.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 01-18-2021, 09:43 PM   #165
petehoovie

https://www.gordonsrimrockranch.com/

Old 01-18-2021, 09:58 PM   #166
GB SISSON

Pete, you are the Photo Master! I have searched all the ways I could. It seems someone would have a photo of the ranch with a pic of my tonner somewhere in it. There is another 'Rimrock Ranch' in Pioneer Town Ca. From pics it's more upscale and also more Desert like. The Pioneer Town one has a red 1/2 ton jailbar pickup that looks like a non running prop with the name on the door. In one photo it has wire wheels.....

Last edited by GB SISSON; 01-18-2021 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:05 PM   #167
petehoovie

There are several Rimrock Ranch venues in California. Here's the one at Pioneertown, CA near Joshua Tree National Park > https://www.facebook.com/RimrockRanchPioneertown/

Old 01-18-2021, 10:32 PM   #168
GB SISSON

I don't think there is any affiliation, but???? And a red jailbar. Maybe I have his title? No mine is a 79 Y iirc, and definately in Old Station.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:10 PM   #169
GB SISSON

I ran across these on Ebay. I figured they were appropriate and they turned to be quite well made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HBE best.JPG (98.7 KB, 292 views)
Old 02-04-2021, 10:17 PM   #170
cas3

Good one GB. on my 63 1 ton I replaced the plastic "350" with "junk Duty" in the chrome emblems on the hood sides
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #171
petehoovie

Quote:
I ran across these on Ebay. I figured they were appropriate and they turned to be quite well made.

Old 03-08-2022, 09:40 PM   #172
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by petehoovie View Post
"Here are some random pics of this project. The middle one is my kid and me. He doeas all the fine work that I can't see, like changing glow plugs way down under the manifolds..... I will also add one of the VERY foggy morning in August at the fire hall where we started filming.... Still gotta download the foggy morning one. Maybe tomorrow."

I ran across this photo of my youngest of four when he as about six years old. WE like these old red trucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ht cablights '40 .jpg (54.6 KB, 215 views)
Old 03-08-2022, 09:47 PM   #173
cas3

LIKE BUTTON...push
Old 03-08-2022, 09:59 PM   #174
petehoovie

Quote:
I ran across this photo of my youngest of four when he as about six years old. WE like these old red trucks.

Old 03-09-2022, 11:02 AM   #175
flatford8

That’s a great picture......something about the lighting I think......Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 12:28 AM   #176
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatford8 View Post
That’s a great picture......something about the lighting I think......Mark
Thanks Mark... Ya, I like that picture too. Sometimes I just get a good one.Somehow it's night time, yet the sky is blue and I am sort of partial to cab clearance lights on the bigger trucks. Yankee 77s on that '40. That kid, youngest of four is 28 now and works for an excavation company here on the island. I'm still busy in the wood shop working alone and enjoying it at least enough to pay the bills. I have been working on this tonner a lot in the past week as I am changing out the headache rack and other work pertaining to the bed. I plan on driving it up to Lynden Wa for the tractor/gas engine/steam show on Aug 2-5 and am needing things set up differently. I'm keeping the US Navy bomb hoist on the rear bumper along with the 80 lb Athol vice on the opposite side for proper balance. I have taken some pics and think I will post a thread with some of this latest flurry of manic activity. Fortunately we have had a very moderate summer here in all regards. In the islands a normal day has been clear and 75 and maybe six weeks without rain. Awful hard to keep me inside that ol woodshop when this project is parked 30 feet away! Stay tuned
Old 07-21-2023, 01:13 AM   #177
cas3

Yeah, that is a great picture, especially for a dad. Looking forward to some pics of the Lynden show. Not much rain here on the plaines either, haven't mowed since late may. should be every other week! Carry on GB, look forward to the show pics
Old 07-21-2023, 09:38 AM   #178
51504bat

GB,
In case you feel the need to add another big truck jail bar to the stable. More than a short ferry ride away but the grille looks straight and the body as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jb3.jpg (81.9 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg jb1.jpg (118.1 KB, 87 views)
Old 07-21-2023, 10:44 AM   #179
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504bat View Post
GB,
In case you feel the need to add another big truck jail bar to the stable. More than a short ferry ride away but the grille looks straight and the body as well.

Old 07-21-2023, 11:08 AM   #180
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504bat View Post
GB,
It certainly is all of that! A very excellent example of a jailbar truck. I'm actually sorta maxed out on trucks right now in case none of you noticed. And Pete you are a prince of a guy to be resizing all these photos for me and a lot of guys!