Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
james hitchcock

Default Good Ol' Walter

I decided to get a roll off bin delivered to my home on Monday. I needed to get my 31 project "Ol' Walter" out of my driveway, he's just been settin since last summer. I figured I would just push him over in my front yard just off the driveway and sort of position him in a flattering way. Was tougher than I thought. Later in the day I went over and just bumped the starter figuring the battery would be dead, nope, plenty of juice. I turned on the gas and two bumps of the starter and the Ol boy fired up. Man I coulda drove him over instead of all that pushing. All I could say was "good boy Walter". Next time I'll trust him to fire up.
james hitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
BILL WILLIAMSON

Default Re: Good Ol' Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james hitchcock View Post
I decided to get a roll off bin delivered to my home on Monday. I needed to get my 31 project "Ol' Walter" out of my driveway, he's just been settin since last summer. I figured I would just push him over in my front yard just off the driveway and sort of position him in a flattering way. Was tougher than I thought. Later in the day I went over and just bumped the starter figuring the battery would be dead, nope, plenty of juice. I turned on the gas and two bumps of the starter and the Ol boy fired up. Man I coulda drove him over instead of all that pushing. All I could say was "good boy Walter". Next time I'll trust him to fire up.
Isn't it AMAZING,James, sometimes an old Model A will just barely go, R-----R------R-----R & START RIGHT UP!!!!! Went to Selma today, were you there? Bill W.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
james hitchcock

Sorry Bill, I had a ton of stuff on my honey dew list. How was the show ?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by james hitchcock View Post
Sorry Bill, I had a ton of stuff on my honey dew list. How was the show ?
Couldn't see the parts for the PEOPLE around 9:30 A.M. Gregg gets closetrafobia! Bought nothing, Gregg doesn't have a Harley, but bought 2 Hog tee shirts?? Why can't my kids be like me???? Ran into Gregg's heel with my scooter while he was walking, GOD! he got ticked off, Probably jealous that he doesn't have a scooter. Offered to buy him a RAZOR SCOOTER that was for sale, he said----+*#%&%$#, or something like that! Once heard a voice behind me, "Hey that sounds like d.j. moordigian"------Wasn't him! Said, "Hey, Henry" to a guy with a beard, he replied, "Sorry, I'm Alfonso" TRI-TIPS didn't sound good for BREAKFAST!
James, the list, it's spelled, "HONEY DO"! I miss Pat's lists, have to train the Dog to make lists! Bill W. (I sure miss the oooold wrecking yards)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Earl+Browning%E2%80%99s+Junkyard,+Burns,+OR_+1930s.JPG (29.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg NZ.jpg (134.5 KB, 80 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
james hitchcock

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I was hungry at the time I wrote the e-mail, Honey Dew sounded good.