Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
1928Pickuppain

Default Fustrated at Snyders (Vent session)

So I've been getting parts from Snyders for years with no problems, when there was they fixed them right. My model a has been in hibernation for a few years and thus no need to order parts. So now I order parts from Snyders, my first order its front axel parts and all my break parts for the front. Well when it shows up there's no break wedges in there. Ok no big deal I call them say there's no break wedges and I say I need them by the upcoming saterday. They say no prob they'll send them right out. I think great no problems. So saterday comes and goes and there's no package . So I call back and they never sent them clerical mistake. Ok they finally send them out I still haven't gotten them that was a few days ago today I get invoice finally shipped today? So that means I won't see them till Monday at the soonest and all I want to do is assemble my breaks. Then in the mean time thinking they had corrected the problem I placed another order for transmission and bell housing parts. They get shipped to wrong address they say I must have put the wrong address in on the web order (I know I didn't was extra carfull about everything after some hoopla they decide there going to send the parts out but I still need to pay shipping because it was (my falt) I still don't beleive it was and when I try to bring up the fact even if it was my fault they should still eat it for messing up on the first two orders and the parts I still haven't seen..... yep. Nop pretended I didn't speak so yea I eating an addition $10 it's not much. And they made sure to tell me that even though they tracked the order and see that it's being returned to sender. (If it gets lost in the mail they will bill my card agin to make up the cost. It's really not the money that's the problem (sure every bit helps) but it's the principle. There's a lot of money going to be spent on my A (starting total nuts
To bolts restoration and I guess they won't be seeing any of it. I guess this is just a vent session i don't know if any one else has had simulator problems but it's frustrating!
Old 04-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
john in illinois

Default Re: Fustrated at Snyders (Vent session)

I have never had a problem with snyders in 10 years. Must have been a big miscommunication somewhere.
John
Old 04-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Try Macs
Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1928Pickuppain View Post
So I've been getting parts from Snyders for years with no problems, when there was they fixed them right. My model a has been in hibernation for a few years and thus no need to order parts. So now I order parts from Snyders, my first order its front axel parts and all my break parts for the front. Well when it shows up there's no break wedges in there. Ok no big deal I call them say there's no break wedges and I say I need them by the upcoming saterday. They say no prob they'll send them right out. I think great no problems. So saterday comes and goes and there's no package . So I call back and they never sent them clerical mistake. Ok they finally send them out I still haven't gotten them that was a few days ago today I get invoice finally shipped today? So that means I won't see them till Monday at the soonest and all I want to do is assemble my breaks. Then in the mean time thinking they had corrected the problem I placed another order for transmission and bell housing parts. They get shipped to wrong address they say I must have put the wrong address in on the web order (I know I didn't was extra carfull about everything after some hoopla they decide there going to send the parts out but I still need to pay shipping because it was (my falt) I still don't beleive it was and when I try to bring up the fact even if it was my fault they should still eat it for messing up on the first two orders and the parts I still haven't seen..... yep. Nop pretended I didn't speak so yea I eating an addition $10 it's not much. And they made sure to tell me that even though they tracked the order and see that it's being returned to sender. (If it gets lost in the mail they will bill my card agin to make up the cost. It's really not the money that's the problem (sure every bit helps) but it's the principle. There's a lot of money going to be spent on my A (starting total nuts
To bolts restoration and I guess they won't be seeing any of it. I guess this is just a vent session i don't know if any one else has had simulator problems but it's frustrating!

Geez this rant is EXTREMELY hard to read! Punctuation & proper spelling would go a long way, ...however I must be frank with you and tell you that it is going to be HIGHLY unlikely that you will find very many people to side with you being frustrated at Snyders! They just do not have that many issues to begin with considering the volume they do.

My suggestion is wait until in the morning, --call Tom Jordan and CALMLY explain your situation and see if he can help you solve your issues. If not, politely & respectfully call Don Snyder himself and explain what your issue is. Most people do not realize just how big the Snyders organization is ...yet how personal they can be when it comes to providing one-on-one customer service. I promise you that if Snyders even remotely did something wrong, they WILL make it right for you. In this day & time, this is very rare. You really need to think long and hard about burning a bridge with such a quality supplier!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 04-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #5
Tom Bellfoy

This is the very first time in over eight years I've heard of someone having order problems with Snyders. I have never had one single problem in all these years and I also would have to say it must have been a communication problem. Snyders are one of the best to deal with
Old 04-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
Try Macs

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 04-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #7
ronn

It is America, try other vendors-bet in the end, there will be problems with other vendors as well.

Honestly have found Snyders to be the very best from those Ive used.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #8
Beauford

Snyders. Brattons or Berts
Old 04-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #9
lodaddyo

Your problem is ordering break parts, what do you expect. Try ordering brake parts next time
Old 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #10
Dennis Pereira

I'm glad I have spell check this a tough crowd .
Old 04-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #11
J Franklin

I have never had trouble with Snyder's. If you had ordered online you would have a record of the address you had them send it to, and proof if you had given a correct address. I have also found the repop wedges to be inferior to the old originals I was trying to replace anyway. Maybe they are better now.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #12
quickchange

As we say down under , Should have gone to spec savers ??
Old 04-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #13
nhusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
Try Macs

RIGHT
Old 04-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #14
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

The ladies at Snyders are so friendly, I call just to have a chat!!!!

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
Old 04-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #15
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Model A View Post
The ladies at Snyders are so friendly, I call just to have a chat!!!!
He probably called right after you hung up and they were too distracted!

David Serrano
Old 04-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #16
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodaddyo View Post
Your problem is ordering break parts, what do you expect. Try ordering brake parts next time
They'll be "break" parts after the post office handles them.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #17
denis4x4

Having owned a mail order business, for every rant or complaint about order problems, I can offer up two bitches about customers using expired credit cards, providing incorrect addresses and NSF checks.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #18
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Travieso View Post
He probably called right after you hung up and they were too distracted!

David Serrano
I was going to suggest that but I didn't want everyone to think I am vain!!!!!!

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
Old 04-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #19
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Pereira View Post
I'm glad I have spell check this a tough crowd .
Haha, I don't think spell check would help, break is spelled correctly, as in Give me a break!!!

I just ordered some brake parts on line from Snyder's and they emailed me the next morning and told me those parts were back ordered and asked if I wanted them to send the remainder of the order or did I want to cancel to whole order so I could try another vendor.
Seems every vendor was back ordered on this part. Snyder's followed thru with a second email a couple of days later stating those parts were now in stock. I couldn't be happier with Snyder's.

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 04-20-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #20
harleynut

Ten years ago when I got my first A, I would just drive there since I only live 60 miles away to save a buck on shipping. Von, (since retired now) worked the counter and he would spend a lot of time answering nubee questions and explaining things to me. Great guy. I try to buy from Snyder's for most everything.
Closed Thread