Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
mnherb

Default 1929 79A Panel Delivery

City: Plymouth
State: WI
Price: $18K

With a bit of regret, I think it is time to part with my 1929 79A Panel Delivery Truck. This is the pretty rare model with metal skin and two rear doors. The truck has a firewall date of 1/29/29. The truck is in very good condition, but needs a restoration. It had a not so great "restoration" back in the 1970's by the previous owner. I have owned her for many years waiting for when the time would be right to do a full show quality restoration. I just don't think I realistically have the time or resources to do that anymore, and it seems a shame to me to keep it stored when someone else with the time and interest could be enjoying her. .

- The body is in very good condition with the exception of one upper side panel which was replaced by the previous owner. The replacement looks OK from a few feet away but does not have the correct bead. I will include a copy of the correct drawing for the panel from the Ford Archives. This panel should be easy to reproduce correctly. There is also a bit of rust in the lower cowl areas, but I will include a set of original cowl sheet metal that I purchased from Bert's in Denver. One door has a patch panel at the bottom. Once again I will supply an original door (also found one year at Hershey) in excellent condition to replace the one with the patch.
- The truck is very complete including the extremely rare and correct rear door T-handle and lock mechanism. I found this correctly restored T-handle and key many years ago at Hershey.
- The engine ran (runs) fine when I stored the truck. However it has not been run in awhile since the gas shut-off valve leaks, and the radiator and hoses in the truck are shot.
- Sale will include a correct stock radiator to replace the bad one. This radiator has been re-cored to show quality by Bergbower Radiator in Illinois.
- The truck comes with an Illinois Title
- When I purchased the truck the fenders were in very poor condition. Over the years I found 2 NOS fenders and 2 early take-offs in outstanding condition that will go with the truck. All of the beads are perfect. The running boards are excellent with no pitting or noticeable wear.
- The frame looks good and is not pitted, however the front right frame horn is bent slightly and one rivet has been replaced by the previous owner with a bolt.
-Several years ago I found a guy who sold me photocopies of microfiche drawings for all of the internal wood pieces and many other details for the 79A from the Ford Archives. I will include this file with the truck.

Obviously I have spent a bunch of time and money finding all the correct parts for what I intended to be a high quality restoration. I would like the truck to go to someone who will appreciate and properly restore her. I will be happy to supply some pictures to (seriously) interested parties. The truck is located at my home in Wisconsin about an hour north of Milwaukee. Please message me with any questions.
mnherb is offline   Reply With Quote