Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
Ron52

Angry Lower Window Seals for a 1930 Model A

Help! New to Ownership of a 1930 Tudor Model A. First wash of my Model A revealed a very large Approx 1-1/2 inch space between the Windows and the frame. Looked everywhere to get information on possible seals for this purpose and came across seals that should meet the specs at the MACA Store. Trouble now is that the seals have been received with no instruction on how to install them. Looked at every site I could find on this subject, and have not been able to find information that helps. Please Help a new member in installing the seals on all four windows. Also noted that the car doors do not have seals, is this a problem also?. Thats my next project. Can anyone help with instruction or maybe direct me to a web site, Pictures, anything to help me keep the water out when I wash the car. Thanks.
Ron52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
redmodelt

Default Re: Lower Window Seals for a 1930 Model A

Off hand I can't think of anywhere that would have a gap that big on the outside around the windows. With out eyes on, you really need to get photos of what you are looking at and post them. Do you have the garnish moldings around the inside? Have you gotten any Model A restoration manuals or books? Adding your location to your profile, maybe someone close could take a look at what the issues might be and give some tips.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #3
Tacoma Bob

I'm redoing my 30 Tudor right now. If you can post pictures it would help. I will PM you with my phone number if you like. I just installed new glass, felts and seals this week.
Tacoma Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
Ron52

Tacoma Bob, I am in Italy close to VENICE. Cant get help here. Only know of one more model A ford in all the Northern Part of Italy. Lets make E-Mail Contact so I can get the pictures to you tomorrow, as it is going on 2200 hours here now. Sounds like You could help the problem for sure. Let's E-Mail [email protected] Thank you all so much.
Ron52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Tacoma Bob

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hi Ron....Pictures are on the way.

TB
Tacoma Bob is offline   Reply With Quote