Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2020, 09:17 AM   #1
40ford
Senior Member
 
40ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cherryville,N.C.
Posts: 422
Default Drake Sale:

Looks like Drake has a sale going on including 40 radiators.
https://www.bobdrake.com/BLKFR-DRBT-6
40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:57 AM   #2
Kube
Senior Member
 
Kube's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 6,529
Default Re: Drake Sale:

I'd like to see you guys that call post everything they don't have in stock. I'm making my popcorn now. This will be fun
__________________
"I can explain it for you. However, I can't understand it for you".
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #3
40ford
Senior Member
 
40ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cherryville,N.C.
Posts: 422
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
I'd like to see you guys that call post everything they don't have in stock. I'm making my popcorn now. This will be fun
Yea your right Kube.They probably have NOTHING!
40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #4
deuce_roadster
Senior Member
 
deuce_roadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shelton, WA
Posts: 2,817
Default Re: Drake Sale:

If you go to their website and anything you might want to order if you look it up and click on it to read the description, it will tell you if it is in stock or not. If you phone them you can ask if it is in stock.
I have only ordered what says is "in stock" and never have had anything back ordered.
That had been my experience. For me, since I can get things from Grant's Pass in usually 1 and sometimes 2 days for things they have, it makes more sense then waiting a week plus from the East coast. Mike, what do you have to drink with that popcorn?!
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
Kube
Senior Member
 
Kube's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 6,529
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce_roadster View Post
If you go to their website and anything you might want to order if you look it up and click on it to read the description, it will tell you if it is in stock or not. If you phone them you can ask if it is in stock.
I have only ordered what says is "in stock" and never have had anything back ordered.
That had been my experience. For me, since I can get things from Grant's Pass in usually 1 and sometimes 2 days for things they have, it makes more sense then waiting a week plus from the East coast. Mike, what do you have to drink with that popcorn?!
Brandy of course. Good ol' Wisconsin boy ya know...
__________________
"I can explain it for you. However, I can't understand it for you".
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:07 PM   #6
DavidG
Senior Member
 
DavidG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,276
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Enough with the Bob bashing! We'd all be up the proverbial creek without his contributions to the hobby.


P.S. I placed an order today and everything that I wanted was in stock.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #7
Krylon32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,708
Default Re: Drake Sale:

I'm building a Deuce 2 door and I just checked Drake for the parts I need and every single part was Out Of Stock
Krylon32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
petehoovie
Senior Member
 
petehoovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,102
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Enough with the Bob bashing! We'd all be up the proverbial creek without his contributions to the hobby.


P.S. I placed an order today and everything that I wanted was in stock.

Good for you, David.... Bashing Drake and Mac's is sport for some people who post on this forum. Bashing others brings them "joy"....
__________________
The only thing nice about being imperfect is the joy it brings to others....

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes." - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:49 PM   #9
Zeke3
Senior Member
 
Zeke3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Columbus, IN
Posts: 501
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Thanks to the OP for this post, Day 3 is 1937 day. Time to pick out my birthday present.
Zeke3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:57 PM   #10
flathead 39
Member
 
flathead 39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Azalea, Oregon
Posts: 35
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
Brandy of course. Good ol' Wisconsin boy ya know...

Popcorn & brandy? What happened to brats & beer?
flathead 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:05 PM   #11
V8COOPMAN
Senior Member
 
V8COOPMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Shore of LAKE HOUSTON
Posts: 7,447
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
I'm building a Deuce 2 door and I just checked Drake for the parts I need and every single part was Out Of Stock
Funny....No, SAD! Apparently, no 'bashing' allowed according to a couple of folks, ALTHOUGH, this situation has NEVER, ever happened before.......except, on a REGULAR basis! Hell, Kube is eating popcorn and laughin' his butt off! So (and we've been HERE before), we now need to determine whether your needed parts are either:

1) out of stock, 2) back-ordered, or 3) discontinued!

Heck, as MOST of us that pay attention know, there are several 'REGULARS' on this board doing parts and service businesses that run first-rate operations, with nary a glitch, and these same folks will be the first to apologize and make things 'RIGHT' if things do go astray on occasion. No popcorn necessary.....just good service and parts! Bashings? These ain't no 'bashings'. Unfortunately, these are just the same old reports of the same old situations, which only continue to exist as reputation warrants. DD
__________________
T5 W/TORQUE TUBE


We WILL discover aliens on another planet...and the 'nutsoids' will surely-enough be sending $TRILLION$ of our bucks in aid!
V8COOPMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:09 PM   #12
petehoovie
Senior Member
 
petehoovie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,102
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Funny....No, SAD! Apparently, no 'bashing' allowed according to a couple of folks, ALTHOUGH, this situation has NEVER, ever happened before.......except, on a REGULAR basis! Hell, Kube is eating popcorn and laughin' his butt off! So (and we've been HERE before), we now need to determine whether your needed parts are either:

1) out of stock, 2) back-ordered, or 3) discontinued!

Heck, as MOST of us that pay attention know, there are several 'REGULARS' on this board doing parts and service businesses that run first-rate operations, with nary a glitch, and these same folks will be the first to apologize and make things 'RIGHT' if things do go astray on occasion. No popcorn necessary.....just good service and parts! Bashings? These ain't no 'bashings'. Unfortunately, these are just the same old reports of the same old situations, which only continue to exist as reputation warrants. DD
__________________
The only thing nice about being imperfect is the joy it brings to others....

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes." - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #13
Krylon32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,708
Default Re: Drake Sale:

I wasn't bashing Drake as I have his parts on my 5 deuces. Simply making a statement that he had none of the parts I needed in stock.
Krylon32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #14
V8COOPMAN
Senior Member
 
V8COOPMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Shore of LAKE HOUSTON
Posts: 7,447
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylon32 View Post
I wasn't bashing Drake as I have his parts on my 5 deuces. Simply making a statement that he had none of the parts I needed in stock.
Gary.....MOST of us here realize that was all you were doing.....stating the facts. And I wasn't picking on YOU.....your statement OF FACTS was merely an accurate example of the point that Kube was trying to make above! YOU (Gary) know first hand that you have to "stock" parts if you're going to advertise them with the hope of a sale as your ultimate goal. DD
__________________
T5 W/TORQUE TUBE


We WILL discover aliens on another planet...and the 'nutsoids' will surely-enough be sending $TRILLION$ of our bucks in aid!
V8COOPMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:47 PM   #15
Zeke3
Senior Member
 
Zeke3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Columbus, IN
Posts: 501
Default Re: Drake Sale:

I ordered a few things for my 37 that show "In stock." Prices were a little lower today than yesterday when I looked. I assume that is because it is 1937 day.
Zeke3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:37 AM   #16
Dak Rat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minot, ND
Posts: 181
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Bob's business model "is what it is". I have his parts on all four of my cars and I'm thankful that he is still there providing us with impossible to find elsewhere parts. All I'm going to say.
Dak Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:43 AM   #17
JM 35 Sedan
Senior Member
 
JM 35 Sedan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Near Rising Sun, Maryland
Posts: 10,228
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Enough with the Bob bashing! We'd all be up the proverbial creek without his contributions to the hobby.


P.S. I placed an order today and everything that I wanted was in stock.
David, I agree with you 100%. Some here really enjoy bashing 'Ol Bob.

I've never had a problem with any orders I've placed with Bob Drake.

My suggestion for those who constantly complain about Bob Drake is....go buy your parts elsewhere.
__________________
John

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:58 AM   #18
Ryan
Administrator
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 611
Default Re: Drake Sale:

Hey fellas... This is a forum... So, you are gonna get opinions. If you don't like those opinions, just ignore them.

I only really step in when people start calling each other names and what not...
__________________
Ryan Cochran*
- www.AtomicIndustry.com
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.