Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
craig owens

Default 1931 Model A Coupe

City: Santa Rosa
State: CA
Price: $8500

My son wants to sell his 1931 Model A coupe. It's an unrestored stock Model A with an amateur paint job (applied by the previous owner). The body is exceptionally straight and rust free for an unrestored car, and I see no evidence of previous bodywork. The only rust I can find on the car is a small hole on the very lower edge of the driver-side inner fender well (visible from inside the trunk). The hole is about 1" in size, but would be an easy repair.

The car runs and drives fine, but the lights do not work. A new reproduction light wiring harness, switch, and brake light switch are included with the car. The interior (fabric parts) is mostly missing, but the entire seat is there. The fabric soft top is also missing, but all the wood is intact. The engine number matches the VIN on the title, and the car has a clean California title.

This coupe could be driven as-is, if you're content to drive it on quiet back roads, but ultimately, it will probably be restored or rebuilt as a hot rod by the new owner. If you're looking for a very nice Model A to fix up, you need to come and take a look at this one...at $8500, it's a giant step above the rust buckets and badly fixed up cars you find in the lower price ranges. If you're looking for a turn-key completely restored Model A, then you need to be looking at cars in the $10,000 and up range. The body condition on this car is as good as they come in unrestored condition, and it's an unmolested stocker. $8500 takes it.

Call Marcus (my son) at 707-888-2797 or e mail me at [email protected] for more info or to come and take a look at the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-20-2010 001.jpg (65.4 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 10-20-2010 002.jpg (55.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 10-20-2010 003.jpg (65.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 10-20-2010 004.jpg (66.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 10-20-2010 005.jpg (54.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 10-20-2010 015.jpg (71.3 KB, 128 views)
craig owens is offline   Reply With Quote