Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
kippmw

Default 28-29 Roadster Pickup bodies

Hi everyone. I have been lurking on here for a while, but I thought of a question. I am about to embark on a project to build a 28-29 OCPU to add to the garage with the 30 coupe and 29 fordor. After a quick search, I found some threads discussing the quality of Brookeville bodies and componenets. But, does anyone have any pictures of a finished Roadster Pickup with a Brookeville cab and/or bed? I saw a few people mention minute differences... Thanks!
kippmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Roadster62

Default Re: 28-29 Roadster Pickup bodies

Depending of the level of "Restoration' you are going for I think the Brookville body looks good. There will be a bit of fine tuning to make it look Ford Factory new, and you'll need an original sitting along side to the see these features. Bob
Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Joe K

I looked into it in only a cursory way, but one thing that struck me about the Brookville bodies is the holes on either side of the seat riser on Ford are a punched oval. On Brookville it's two circles overlapping.

Small matter. They may have done this simply to differentiate an original from the repop. Otherwise I could tell no difference. (Touring Class Eyeballs?)

Joe K
Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
1931 flamingo

Try contacting Barry/B.
I've heard stories of repro bodies going thru fine point judging and no one caught it.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
kippmw

It sounds like the overall consensus, based on what I've seen, is that the bodies are good quality and very close to the real thing. I think I still would prefer the real thing, but we shall see. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
Richard Wilson

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Several years ago I rebuilt a 28 roadster using a new reproduction Brookville body. The body was very nice quality, not perfect, but nice in my opinion. Just know that the base price of the Brookville body does NOT include about $2,000 worth of other required body parts not to mention the bed, fenders, chassis, etc.

Depending on your restoration skills and financial situation you may be better off finding a complete original roadster pickup to start with. Trying to find and buy all of the needed parts to build a truck from scratch using a Brookville body will be very time consuming and expensive.

Last edited by Richard Wilson; 02-10-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Richard Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
kippmw

You may be right about the cost. I'm open to all options at this point. I've got a restorable chassis lined up, so we'll see what happens.