Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-16-2022, 12:23 PM   #1
Ed in Maine

Default 31 Cabriolet 68C, Windshield Wiper

How is the vacuum wiper mounted to the windshield? Does it use a single shaft nut or two mounting screws? When inside the car, which side is the air connection? Which side is the ON/OFF knob? I just want to be sure I am purchasing the correct wiper. Thank you, Ed
Ed in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:31 PM   #2
rotorwrench

Default Re: 31 Cabriolet 68C, Windshield Wiper

This link looks like all the 68C and 400A Trico motors I've seen in photos. The motor is on the inside on most open cars of the model A era. The round side is up with the lower flat side parallel with the windshield frame. All I've seen have the single tube attach with a nut on the outside of the frame and the vacuum hose fits on the right along with the on off pull/push control knob. The vacuum hose fits up into the hinge frame above the windshield and runs straight down that channel to the right side where it can run down the A-pillar to under the tank and connect to the vacuum line to the intake manifold. The nut that holds the wiper shaft tube is likely a special type nut and may be a tube nut. Maybe an owner of one of these type cars will chime in here.
https://forums.aaca.org/topic/198219...o-wiper-motor/

You may find better photos on the A400 convertible sedans out there than the 68C but I don't know.
rotorwrench is online now   Reply With Quote