Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-11-2022, 01:01 PM   #1
amclass

Default Scam Alert ... Scott Domongoe

Someone called me and offered me parts for my car. I posted a WTB add and he got my mumber from there. I googled his number and it turned out that he is a scammer. Please watch out for this guy who is a member of the Fordbarn community as well:

Scott Domongoe
510-331-2130

Here is a link posted at aaca.org:

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/383670...an-leandro-ca/

You're welcome ...

Last edited by amclass; 09-11-2022 at 01:29 PM.
amclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:17 PM   #2
J Franklin

Default Re: Scam Alert ... Scott Domongoe

Everybody should give this scammer a call and say "shame on you!"
J Franklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:26 PM   #3
Patrick L.

Just call him and offer him parts.
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 05:52 PM   #4
cokefirst

I am not sure why, but I have had a similar problem and it only happens from this site. I am looking or the exhaust shield for the air cooled transmission on my 1956 F100. It is just a piece of sheet metal, bent with a couple of bolt holes. I have received a couple of texts and emails regarding someone close who has the parts and wants me to make an offer. I also checked and the same phone number tried to scam someone on a BMW site. ODD indeed.
cokefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:33 PM   #5
51504bat

Best way to eliminate most of the scammers is to not post your number or email address in your wanted ad. That way they have to PM you directly and have to be a member with at least 10 posts. IMO most scammers aren't going to join and go through the process to get 10 posts when there are plenty of other wanted ads on other sites just waiting to be scammed with phone numbers/emails posted in the original ad. JMO
Old 09-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #6
jeepguy1948

I believe it’s the same guy who got me for $300 from a want to buy ad I placed on the MACA website. I thought I was safe because I thought that only genuine Model A people would be on that site. He tried again from a different ad on the same site. Same pitch exactly.He’s trolling for suckers (like me) on a lot of sites I think and he is very very good.
jeepguy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:04 PM   #7
amclass

Yeah, I talked to him on the phone and he told me a story about his dad's Roadster and that he passed and he now has to clean out the garage ... bla bla. And he knew what he was talking about, since he was talking Model A. That makes people think, he is "one of us" ... if I may say so. Watch out guys ... he uses a burner phone, doesn't do email and demands cash. He is smart and can talk and the deals he is going to offer you sound fair. We aware and asked for more information.

@ 51504bat: Funny, I thought so to. The same day I got a phone call from the scammer, I placed another WTB post. Right away I got an pm from the member jewote6486, who signed up at Fordbarn the very same day I posted my WTB add. How come, that he just signed up at Fordbarn and was able to sent me a pm and having 0 posts of his own? So, how does this guy did it? Can someone please wake up the admin ...

Anyway, he has given me an outside email address ([email protected]) to contact. I checked this email address and the IP-address and it turn out, that his IP has 19 fake email addresses created by him ...

Last edited by amclass; 09-15-2022 at 06:13 AM.
amclass is offline   Reply With Quote