Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-30-2019, 03:31 PM   #21
34PKUP

Default Re: A Dennis Carpenter Complaint?? UPDATED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU. View Post
Called Carpenter this morning and they are going to e-mail a return tag for these parts. I will update again about a monetary refund. I understand that some might think I should have just dealt with the vendor but what about the next guy who gets these inferior parts? If the parts I received had been properly posted on their website I would have never ordered them. My thinking is when misrepresented parts are sold to us it needs to be brought to everyone's attention. Also have an order with Third Generation Parts for the bucket wires, you have to install sockets on the headlight wires but I have extras in very good condition to do this.
For the most part I don't care to see peoples problems with vendors hashed out in this forum, BUT, in this case it does make sense to give a heads up.
Good grief, not only is the product picture not correct, the harness wires besides not being cloth covered, are all the same color.
34PKUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #22
Hoop

"The important part is how they resolved the problem."

and ...

"The important part is what do they do afterwards."

That's pretty fuzzy thinking isn't it? Like coming home drunk then saying that the important thing is what kind of flowers you buy your wife to make up for it.

The "important thing" already left the station when Carpenter falsely advertised the item, took Gary's money, and shipped the wires.

Seems Gary ought to be able to discuss such stuff on the FordBarn without being called a whiner ... among "friends."
Old 09-30-2019, 04:24 PM   #23
JSeery
Member Emeritus

I'm with Hoop, to me there is a big difference between sending a wrong part by mistake or a part that malfunctions and sending stuff that is vastly different from what is advertised.

Years back I was taken and I'm still not happy about it. They advertised a 38 std front fender as NOS. I ordered it and when it showed up it was beat up with stress cracks, big ones and not just a few. It was NOT NOS. Contacted them and was told no problem, if I didn't like it just ship it back. The fright both ways on a fat fender was way to much to eat, so I about had to keep it. Not happy at all.

Last edited by JSeery; 09-30-2019 at 04:33 PM.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:09 PM   #24
Dave Castle

Default Re: A Dennis Carpenter Complaint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwoodieman View Post
the answer from carpenter will be "never had that problem before" which is their standard answer to any inquiry
Amen to that !!!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #25
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU. View Post
Called Carpenter this morning and they are going to e-mail a return tag for these parts. I will update again about a monetary refund. I understand that some might think I should have just dealt with the vendor but what about the next guy who gets these inferior parts? If the parts I received had been properly posted on their website I would have never ordered them. My thinking is when misrepresented parts are sold to us it needs to be brought to everyone's attention. Also have an order with Third Generation Parts for the bucket wires, you have to install sockets on the headlight wires but I have extras in very good condition to do this.
I agree 100%
Old 10-01-2019, 10:53 PM   #26
Tinker

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Not the first time. You ordered and get what ya get. I've bought got parts from the later and been happy. But really you cant complain knowing... or can you
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote