Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-07-2023, 12:42 PM   #1
DeBordEngineMan

Default 17th annual Greenwood South Carolina Model A swap meet information

Hey everyone maybe looking to attend the Greenwood S.C. Model A swap meet in April have never attended before I'm 3 1/2 hour drive from here in East Tennessee is it usually a good swap meet? Working on a 29 huckster is it worth the drive? Was curious if a large or smaller swap meet. Thanks everyone for some insight Robert
DeBordEngineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 07:41 PM   #2
Stingray70

Default Re: 17th annual Greenwood South Carolina Model A swap meet information

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBordEngineMan View Post
Hey everyone maybe looking to attend the Greenwood S.C. Model A swap meet in April have never attended before I'm 3 1/2 hour drive from here in East Tennessee is it usually a good swap meet? Working on a 29 huckster is it worth the drive? Was curious if a large or smaller swap meet. Thanks everyone for some insight Robert
I have been the past two years. It has been fairly small. I plan to go again this year but it is less than 2 hours from me. My recommendation to you if you are going to invest in 7 hours of driving is to find something else fun to do while down here, spend the night, and make it a weekend getaway. For example, downtown Greenville is a nice place to overnight. The drive back to TN is beautiful if you stay off the interstate.
Old 03-08-2023, 01:09 AM   #3
DeBordEngineMan

Thanks for the response Stingray70 was just wondering about the size of the meet yes roughly 7 hours is alot of road time but just to get out and go somewhere after the last couple of years we all have had with covid it is still nice just to get out and see the country side! My wife spent 68 days in the icu and 8 days on a ventilator and still suffering from covid but she's still here! I was just concerned for her lugging all those model a parts around!! I have a great wife of 35 years and I am so blessed to still have her plus she loves Model A's!!! I'm the most blessed man around! Thanks for the information she said we're going shes already planning a trip of things to do! Thanks again Robert and Rita DeBord
Old 03-08-2023, 07:40 AM   #4
Chris in WNC

I have been 3 or 4 times, twice as a vendor.
Small swap but usually good quality stuff.
Old 03-08-2023, 11:03 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Isn't this the same weekend as Charlotte Auto Fair? Model-A vendors can't be both places.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:29 PM   #6
Stingray70

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Yes Brent, I believe it is the same weekend. I have also gone to the Auto Fair the past 2 years and haven't found any Model A stuff. Nothing. I think those days are over. That being said, it is worth going to Charlotte for a day. Especially since this may be the last year of the swap meet in Charlotte. I plan to go to both this year.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:34 PM   #7
DeBordEngineMan

Thanks guys for the information I also did see that the Charlotte show is the same weekend but the Charlotte show looks like a very good swap meet but me and my wife have difficulty walking and standing for any length of time I love to dig through all the stuff looking for that gem you just can't live without but now with our health issues we just can't do like we use to so I think we'll be going to the Greenwood show it's sounds more realistic for us to be able to spend time looking at our speed and cover all the vendors that hopefully will be there. But thanks to all for the information Robert and Rita DeBord
Old 03-09-2023, 09:00 AM   #8
BRENT in 10-uh-C

I think there is Model-A stuff at Charlotte (because I have seen it) however it is spread out over a much bigger area. You get the benefit of everything at the Old 96 swap meet being all Model-A related and in a smaller area, -so there is less walking to see all of the available Model-A stuff. None-the-less, it sure would be nice if the hosts of the Greenwood swap meet would schedule their meet (-as their meet would be the easiest date to change) to not coincide with AutoFair dates. Doing so would likely increase vendors AND buyers participation.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 09:26 AM   #9
alexiskai

I'll be in Charlotte on 4/17, hmm, I wonder if I could come earlier. Is there action on the 16th or is everyone packed up by then?
alexiskai is offline   Reply With Quote