Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
Tom Morookian

Default parts haul needed - Fla to Ohio

I need to send 3 front 1936 Ford fenders and some patch panels from Florida to a guy near Bowling Green Oh (Toledo).

Anybody visiting Fla this winter who would/could haul them North?

I'm in Ft Myers but could meet you almost anywhere else in Fla.

I think the near Toledo guy will travel too.

No rush - now thru March works
Tom Morookian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
sonny

Default Re: parts haul needed - Fla to Ohio

I am leaving early morning March 9 from South Daytona Beach to Mantua, Ohio. Mantua is in northeastern Ohio between Cleveland and Akron. Not sure yet if I'm gonna drive straight through, or stop for the night. I'll be driving 2011 f150 with tarp. Should fit.
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Hotrodladycrusr

If the above doesn't work out, I do believe my folks are buying a new streetrod in florida and if that's the case the car will be hauled from the Haines City area to Detroit via I75 and I know BenD the hauler would drop them off in BG as its right there on the route. I'll know more after next weekend.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
sonny

Go with the one above. The pick up and drop off points are much closer.
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Tom Morookian

I've got a guy who might be able to do it in Feb. If that works out it'll get done. If not, I'll hold on to your option and HotRodLady's just in case.

Thanks so much for the reply and it sure is nice to know Fat Fender lovers stick together!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
Tom Morookian

Thanks, I'll let you know
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
David J

Angry Ripped off again

This did it's job but rankled certain folks so it needs to go away .

Last edited by David J; 03-11-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: too controversial
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
DavidG

David,

One more example of "no good deed will go unpunished".

Dave
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #9
David J

Dy'a mean it's normal for it to actually cost ya $'s to do a good deed ?? . This is so far out there it's actually comical in a sic way .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
David,

One more example of "no good deed will go unpunished".

Dave
Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
DavidG

Yes, sometimes, and/or time.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
Tom Morookian

Default Re: Ripped off again

Message from Stank - David, if this is true then we both owe him and apology. This is mine!

Tom,
I appreciate your help on this but I am a little pissed about the way this has evolved. Yes, I really did not have my wallet. I am totally guilty of this. I have sent David gas money via pay pal which is exactly what I told him that I would do. I felt bad but I had a morning meeting at work, I ordered some items for work and used my company credit card and inadvertently left my wallet on my desk. I realized this about 10 minutes after I left but I had about a hour and fifteen minute drive to the meeting spot and did not want to delay Dave who told me to be there at 1pm. I suggested 4pm but he said no, 1pm. His phone was not working so I could not call him and check to see if I had time to retrieve my wallet. I was at the rendezvous location at 1pm as we agreed. Dave showed up at 7pm. I sat in my car in the parking lot for 6 hours waiting. Since I had no wallet, I could not eat or do much besides hang out. There was no call advising of the delay.

I would have never brought any of this up but if I am going to get slammed, I guess that the facts need to be a little more enlightening. I sincerely appreciate the coordination and assistance that I have received from you and it appears that I have pissed you off as well in this whole circumstance but I do honor my commitments, I try to make things right, play fair and etc. I never mentioned to Dave about the time issue since I know that he was gracious and was doing me a favor. I told him that I would send him money and I did.

At this point, I will let you decide whether I am truly deserving of the “scumbag” status that I have apparently achieved.

Can we please get back to the cars now? Your thoughts…

Sincerely,
Stan
Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
David J

Default Re: Ripped off again

Call it as you see it . Reading this It's obvious to me that there was some misunderstanding between him & I . I called him as I was leaving Dawsonville GA & told him I was driving straight through . I did drive straight through with no delays { BIG MESS in KY } but it proved to be much further than I thought . The 1:00 thing was a guess & I assumed he had plenty time to see how far it was . Yes I should have looked it up but with a phone on the fritz & no computer there that was not feasible . The place I left my trailer & plow was about 45 miles south of the meeting point . I told him that I would use the phone at the trailer pickup point to let him know I was about an hour away with hooking up and stuff . I was under the impression he had busisness interests in the area & the hour lead time was sufficent . Sitting in a parking lot that long probably really sucked & I feel bad he did that but I did not tell him to do that . I did not post the gripe till I saw no response from him after notifying you of this . He & I have talked this over but apoligize - no .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Morookian View Post
Message from Stank - David, if this is true then we both owe him and apology. This is mine!

Tom,
I appreciate your help on this but I am a little pissed about the way this has evolved. Yes, I really did not have my wallet. I am totally guilty of this. I have sent David gas money via pay pal which is exactly what I told him that I would do. I felt bad but I had a morning meeting at work, I ordered some items for work and used my company credit card and inadvertently left my wallet on my desk. I realized this about 10 minutes after I left but I had about a hour and fifteen minute drive to the meeting spot and did not want to delay Dave who told me to be there at 1pm. I suggested 4pm but he said no, 1pm. His phone was not working so I could not call him and check to see if I had time to retrieve my wallet. I was at the rendezvous location at 1pm as we agreed. Dave showed up at 7pm. I sat in my car in the parking lot for 6 hours waiting. Since I had no wallet, I could not eat or do much besides hang out. There was no call advising of the delay.

I would have never brought any of this up but if I am going to get slammed, I guess that the facts need to be a little more enlightening. I sincerely appreciate the coordination and assistance that I have received from you and it appears that I have pissed you off as well in this whole circumstance but I do honor my commitments, I try to make things right, play fair and etc. I never mentioned to Dave about the time issue since I know that he was gracious and was doing me a favor. I told him that I would send him money and I did.

At this point, I will let you decide whether I am truly deserving of the “scumbag” status that I have apparently achieved.

Can we please get back to the cars now? Your thoughts…

Sincerely,
Stan