Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-24-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
rockfla

Default Desparate - Need Help the worst sort of way (sorry not Ford related)

I know its not Ford related (and IF Ryan deletes it I understand OR Sorry to step on toes and post somewhat out of place) BUT this is how desperate I have become.... I need this piece "desperately" SO I can get my best friend Jeep out of my shop (We've been looking for a year now) and I NEED to make room for my own Flathead project's!!!! I need a left rear fender off of a Willy's pick up OR better yet a 48-51 Jeepster. I really only need the part circle OFF of the left rear fender BUT IF I could find one from a Jeepster, the more I have to work with the better for me!!!! ANY HELP would be "next level" appreciated. MAYBE you big truck guys (Like Newc, GB Sisson) know of one in your area??? PLEASE help me get this albatross from around me neck (IE out of my shop)!!!!

DID I mention we are desperate (we've even had an ad on the Willys Tech board) with NO luck and my friend here of late seem content on being content. I am grasping at straws here...!!!! BUT just maybe someone here might be able to help?? PM me If you know of something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JeepFender.JPG (61.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg JeepFender2.JPG (26.6 KB, 634 views)
File Type: jpg JeepFender3.JPG (28.4 KB, 650 views)
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:44 PM   #2
petehoovie

Default Re: Desparate - Need Help the worst sort of way (sorry not Ford related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
I need a left rear fender off of a Willy's pick up OR better yet a 48-51 Jeepster. I really only need the part circle OFF of the left rear fender BUT IF I could find one from a Jeepster, the more I have to work with the better for me!!!!

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:48 PM   #3
banjoQ

Default Re: Desparate - Need Help the worst sort of way (sorry not Ford related)

This might be worth a try. There is a Willy’s- Jeep parts house and salvage in Cazadero Ca. You can look them up online. Been there myself but do not remember the name. Big place with lots of donors. Good luck
banjoQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:51 PM   #4
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoQ View Post
This might be worth a try. There is a Willy’s- Jeep parts house and salvage in Cazadero Ca. You can look them up online. Been there myself but do not remember the name. Big place with lots of donors. Good luck
Thanks a million, I'm on it!!!!
Old 06-24-2022, 03:10 PM   #5
Lawson Cox

Looks like something a good body man should be able to make, especially if he is good on an English wheel.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #6
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
Looks like something a good body man should be able to make, especially if he is good on an English wheel.
I have an English wheel but my talents or confidence isn't that high "yet".....BUT It may come to that!!!! As you can partially see, the fender is quite rippled (what part you can't see is worse) and has also lost the angle to it toward the bottom 1/4.... AND the repair from back in 1970, they used an Oxy Acetylene torch and braising rod to fix it, put a TON of heat into it and LOST a lot of the factory contour to the fender and under structure. SO as much of a fender as I can get will help me rebuild the under structure as well SO I would much prefer to have a factory piece to build to than to try and recreate the wheel so to speak!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhilsJeepster2.jpg (47.0 KB, 603 views)
Old 06-24-2022, 03:28 PM   #7
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
Lawson (And others)
You can see in the second photo how much contour was lost based on my patch panel I have made. There is a lot of subtle details and angles lost in this area...that's why I prefer to have good "original" piece to work off of!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PatchPanel1.jpg (31.4 KB, 609 views)
File Type: jpg PatchPanel2.jpg (29.3 KB, 606 views)
Old 06-24-2022, 03:42 PM   #8
rockfla

Here is the patch panel I made a little better fitted, as you can see on both sides the lost shape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PatchPanel3.jpg (33.6 KB, 595 views)
Old 06-24-2022, 03:44 PM   #9
petehoovie

Quote:
Lawson (And others)
You can see in the second photo how much contour was lost based on my patch panel I have made. There is a lot of subtle details and angles lost in this area...that's why I prefer to have good "original" piece to work off of!!!!

"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

Old 06-24-2022, 03:44 PM   #10
petehoovie

Quote:
Lawson (And others)

Old 06-24-2022, 07:16 PM   #11
Marcus

Rockfla: google kaiserwillys.com and search the catalog; google willysforsale.com (there are parts vehicles available); if still no joy, call Mike at kaiserwillys ~ he may have a used fender available. Finally, other sources: Jerry Gardener, 903.530.2172 or Harry at Mid~West Willys, 765.362.2247. Good luck!
Old 06-25-2022, 12:20 AM   #12
GB SISSON

I know a place where there are a couple of jeep trucks like that but they are pretty sunk into the damp earth. If I get out that way I will look, but don't hold your breath for decent tin in my part of the country. East of the Cascade Mountain Range is a totally different story.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 06:35 AM   #13
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
I know a place where there are a couple of jeep trucks like that but they are pretty sunk into the damp earth. If I get out that way I will look, but don't hold your breath for decent tin in my part of the country. East of the Cascade Mountain Range is a totally different story.
It would be greatly appreciated GB!!
Old 06-25-2022, 06:36 AM   #14
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Rockfla: google kaiserwillys.com and search the catalog; google willysforsale.com (there are parts vehicles available); if still no joy, call Mike at kaiserwillys ~ he may have a used fender available. Finally, other sources: Jerry Gardener, 903.530.2172 or Harry at Mid~West Willys, 765.362.2247. Good luck!
Thank you very much for those leads, I will get on them asap. Greatly appreciate it Sir. Most all the after market supply houses sell the fender BUT they are fiberglass and I can’t use it!!! One would think that IF there is a big enough market for fiber glass SoMEONe would have reproduced them
In steel?
Old 06-25-2022, 04:17 PM   #15
Newc

Toledo, Or jeepster parts house. Newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 06:52 PM   #16

Willy's America
Cazadero, Calif.
707-632 5258
If they don't have it they willl know someone who does.
95476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:45 AM   #17
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95476 View Post
Willy's America
Cazadero, Calif.
707-632 5258
If they don't have it they willl know someone who does.
All they have is a fiber glass fender, thank you for the suggestion

Working the other suggestions posted, thank you all
Old 06-26-2022, 06:59 AM   #18
1931 flamingo

If it's good quality f/glass, only you and he will know. JMO
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:05 AM   #19
trulyvintage

Lightbulb Re: Desparate - Need Help the worst sort of way (sorry not Ford related)

Why do you need a fender to get
a vehicle out of your shop ?

Won’t it roll or drive without the fender ?

Worry about the fender when the vehicle
is out of your shop …,,

Jim
trulyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:34 AM   #20
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyvintage View Post
Why do you need a fender to get
a vehicle out of your shop ?

Won’t it roll or drive without the fender ?

Worry about the fender when the vehicle
is out of your shop …,,

Jim
I am helping my best friend “restore” his first car. He was “supposed” to be working on it and I “was” gonna “HELP” him where needed. He “NOW” seem content on being “content” with it sitting in my shop and/or “me” restoring
It for him. It’s the “last” major repair
Needed to the body. I figured IF I get the majority
Of it fixed THEN I can call him to come get it and do with it what he
Pleases!!!