Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #21
1916modeltford

Default Re: Coming soon our first A..

Ray (700RPM) Know this is an A Forum but information I found from Clyde Ensor Sr collection is that there were 800 Brass T's made in 1916 before going black all over.
(http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...d-Model-T.aspx). Hope this is true as it makes mine somewhat rare.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #22
Phil

The guy is very excited about getting a beatiful Model A as he should very well be. It is a joyous event. It is a beatiful car. Why do some people have to try to pick it apart?? When you are the new kid on the block it is easy to get hurt feelings when the block bully has fun at your expense. Run what ever tires you like, when he asks your opinion on what kind of tires to run, tell him, until then, have some respect for the feelings of others.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #23
1916modeltford

Thanks Phil. I am excited. Two weeks seems like 2 years.
Negative comments will not cloud my anticipation and joy and I will never put someones joy down by remaining silent if I disagree or do not like something.

I like to try and think not only the way Henry and do things my way. I also try to think of how those who had the first A's and T's would think and what they would do when they had to provide for family needs and keep that A or T going. There were few purists in 1916 and 1929.

Henry surely DID IT HIS WAY. I will not let the bully's hurt my feelings. Never. I will do what I wand, run what I want and I will pay for it.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
Duffy1

1916modeltford;

Do it your way . After you have been on this forum for a while you will see that there are many different model A. From pure original to those with A/C and O D . Fix it like you want it and enjoy it .
Duffy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #25
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1916modeltford View Post
Thanks Phil. I am excited. Two weeks seems like 2 years.
Negative comments will not cloud my anticipation and joy and I will never put someones joy down by remaining silent if I disagree or do not like something.

I like to try and think not only the way Henry and do things my way. I also try to think of how those who had the first A's and T's would think and what they would do when they had to provide for family needs and keep that A or T going. There were few purists in 1916 and 1929.

Henry surely DID IT HIS WAY. I will not let the bully's hurt my feelings. Never. I will do what I wand, run what I want and I will pay for it.
What negative comments? I have only read personal preferences. Who said anything negative about you or your car? Saying, "I don't like white walls" is different then, "why did you ever buy that car with whitewalls".

You (and us) will have a car that will outlast you and can be passed down to future generations (unlike cars of today), but by your handle it seems like you already know that about vintage vehicles.

Again WELCOME and we stand by to assist you if needed!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #26
Fred
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
I'm with you Chris. I like seeing the cars in fine point judging, NO white walls.

Bob
"WRONG" !! Mine went thru with them !!.. Several times..
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #27
1916modeltford

Just an update, a fellow club member and new friend has volunteered his enclosed trailer to transport our first "A" to its new home, the E & S garage, tomorrow morning. E & S is for Eleanor and Sam, (that's us).

Then the process of a full maintenance check, lube and inspection. Hopefully the "A" will be ready for our first, in our "A", tour later this month.

And yes Eleanor, our friend Jeff and I are excited.

Exactly 1 year from the date I brought the 16 Model "T" home.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #28
Mike Peters

It goes both ways. I've had A's since the early 80's and now am putting a '15 touring together. Mainly the interior and top left to do. Drove it for the first time this week. I felt like Fred McMurray waiting for flubber to kick in. Hope you have as much fun with your '29 as I am with the '15.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-P1080246-001.JPG (244.4 KB, 9 views)
Mike Peters is offline   Reply With Quote