Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #21
rosenkranswa

Default Re: Ford Dealer

Took my AA into the local truck tire place to have new front tires put on. The father of the owner came out and gave the truck the once over, then had me pull it into a bay. He gave strict orders nobody was to touch it except him. Did a good job too. Before I could take it, he wanted a picture in front of the truck he now his in the office.

'19 T Speedster
'26 T Touring
'29 A Roadster
'30 AA Stakebed
'30 A Pickup
'30 A Town Sedan
'31 A Station Wagon
'38 Columbia Girls bike (WWII)
'40 Elgin Boys bike (WWII)
'42 Super Deluxe Tudor
'42 Willys MB Jeep
'43 Willys MBT Trailer
'43 M3A4 Hand Cart
'43 Harley Davidson 42WLA with sidecar
rosenkranswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #22
Marcus

Sort of a twist on the stories: The Truckstang (google it: it is the 1990 Mustang custom built into a show car - NOT the Ranger with a Mustang front clip) was completed in1991, and at the first show in Manassas, VA, I simply told everyone that it was factory and they could order one from the local Ford dealer - couple weeks later, I took the Truckstang in for an oil change and the sales manager asked me to PLEASE stop telling people they could order one. Seems my joke was taken seriously and several individuals had attempted to order a Mustang Pickup.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:35 PM   #23
old car guy

Back in the early eighties we lived in a small town in Georgia. The local ford dealer had been there since the early twenties and had changed hands a number of times. There were either two or three old A cars that would come in for service. .
They took care of the cars as long as I remember till the dealership changed hands again in the end of the decade. I never knew where the cars ended up. They also took care of a 28 chevy 4 dr sedan that was very clean . There were several old men that would come in to work on the cars who had been with the dealership from back in the day.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:58 PM   #24
RB

Swanson Ford in Ceresco Ne. was I believe the 5 th. oldest (1909) ??? family operated in the country until it's sale in the past couple of years, uncertain how many antique fords might have passed through their doors for work, however Doug Swanson/wife & brothers as well always had an abundance of early iron in & around including scores of literature & a 32 roadster in the show room.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:00 AM   #25
Benson

see post 12 above:

Ford dealer does not recognize these part numbers...

Last edited by Benson; 07-24-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #26
Jeff/Illinois

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Basic Ford part number for a speedometer gear would be 17271 if I recall from my days as a Ford Parts Mgr.

Complete number will have to have an applicable prefix and suffix otherwise you are not going to have any luck, in other words you can't walk up to the parts counter and ask for a Speedo Gear part # 17271 ain't gonna cut it.

Might get you a new pair of swim trunks though

The Ford parts numbering system, initiated by Henry Ford, is the best there is around. Makes perfect sense once you learn it. Easier than a what 10-12 digit rambling of numbers GM uses.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote