Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-04-2015, 02:57 AM   #21
Chris Haynes

Default Re: Howells sheet metal

Coupes and Cabrolets use different cowls.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Chris Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:46 AM   #22
e70

My experience: Last Thursday - saw Howell had the sheetmetal I needed for my Cabriolet (on-line). I had concerns because of feedback about customer service etc... So, I called to verify that the parts were in stock. On ring 4 - my call was answered and indeed all the parts I needed were in stock. I placed my order on-line about 11 a.m. and I received a ups shipping tracking number that afternoon. My package arrived Friday afternoon (next day). I'm in houston so distance provided next day service. Just my experience. I'm pleased and if I need additional parts I will reorder.
e70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #23
Chris Haynes

The door panel I ordered from Howell's was made incorrectly and can't be used. Howell's doesn't respond to E Mail and won't answer the phone. They simply took my money and sent me junk. On a trip from San Antonio to Houston i spotted Howell's on the side of the road. I was ready to go in a tear them a new asshole but my friend who was driving wouldn't stop.
BEWARE OF HOWELL'S.
PS. If anyone needs a door panel for an 82A I have one cheap.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Chris Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #24
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e70 View Post
My experience: Last Thursday - saw Howell had the sheetmetal I needed for my Cabriolet (on-line). I had concerns because of feedback about customer service etc... So, I called to verify that the parts were in stock. On ring 4 - my call was answered and indeed all the parts I needed were in stock. I placed my order on-line about 11 a.m. and I received a ups shipping tracking number that afternoon. My package arrived Friday afternoon (next day). I'm in houston so distance provided next day service. Just my experience. I'm pleased and if I need additional parts I will reorder.
The important question is does it fit. The poster above got the part but it is useless so it doesn't matter how fast it gets there if you can't use it.
Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote