Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #24
BobbyG

Default Re: Clutch Slip

Thanks Henry - diagram helps a lot - I am going to replace that bolt with a pin this weekend.
I do have a better understanding of how it all goes together now, and on a short ( 5 mile) drive it was not slipping, it does appear that the weight of the clutch pedal was pushing the release bearing inwards to make contact, I was thinking that maybe I was also making it worse possibly by riding the clutch a bit as well - this V8 is in a 28 coupe and there is not a lot of room for my size 13s in there !! - and driving this car is a bit of a new experience for me ( usually laying underneath it with parts spread all around trying to work out what the hell I am doing ) so as a consequence I find myself having a lot to do when driving it. For a start it is a Left Hand Drive Stick but the gears are in the wrong position! and I am in the Uk ( Good fun - but a bit challenging) I am listening out for mechanical noises constantly and to be fair I don't have a lot of success on getting back home under my own steam so far.

I appreciate everyones help as allways - Thankyou Guys.

Bob
BobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote