Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
Yoyodyne

Default Oversize OD main bearings for 37 21 stud block

The very last check I made before taking my oh so carefully cleaned tested and prepared 37 block to be bored was to bore gage the mains to be sure I had the correct main caps installed. In the process with the aid of searches here on the Barn I discovered that the main bores are .015" oversize. I understand why, but now I need bearings, or else I have to start the process over with yet another block, this is the 5th block I've cleaned and magnafluxed to get one useable block.

Does anyone here have those bearings for the .015 oversize bores? Or can you direct me to someone who might? My crank is .020 under, but I'd consider any undersize, doing another crank would be faster than finding another block.

I had one knowledgeable Barner tell me that Ford never made a rear main bearing for oversize blocks, is that true? My block has all 3 bores oversize.

I've been pondering how to sleeve the bores to make them work with standard bearings. We have ways, but it seems to be impractical. Anyone ever try it?

Last edited by Yoyodyne; 09-05-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Yoyodyne is offline   Reply With Quote