Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #61
Ghost of elmirage

Default Re: 1931 Roadster pickup

the body alone is worth four grand
Ghost of elmirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #62
Ghost of elmirage

sellit all separate you'll make a small fortune Good luck
Ghost of elmirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #63
azmodela
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
For starters, I sure hope you don't lose your job. I've been thru that in the past it's not much fun. Strikes, lockouts the whole she-bang. But things seem to work out somehow.

Secondly, as nice as this truck is, IF you have to sell, I pray it winds up in the hands of a restorer not a street rod/hot rod guy.
I don't think he lost his job as he indicated...
azmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #64
26Tudor

Guys, thanks for all the positive energy and support. I DID lose my job. HOWEVER, when my wife and I headed to the Bay Area of CA to sorta clear my head and figure out what to do next, I got an e-mail from someone, who recognized my e-mail, or part of it, at least. He asked if I was who he thought I was, and with some trepidation, I answered "yes" and then found out it was a guy I knew from back when I worked for the VW magazines, I photographed his awesome '66 Bug (laugh all you want; an all steel, street driven daily, high 11 second in the 1/4 mile VW Bug is something to behold), and he was interested in the '31, and I know he is going to restore it, not hot rod it, so, I sold it to him. Probably less than an hour later, I get a call from the School District, asking me if I can be back in town for an interview for a full-time, year around, benefits, 14 paid Holidays a year, PERS retirement, job. I really didn't think I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting the job, but we cut the vacation short, I went to the interview, and lo and behold, less than an hour later, they called me and told me I got the job. If I had known ANY of this job stuff (being hired back as a full-time, benefitted, Monday-Friday weekends off) was going to happen, the '31 would have never been for sale. But I made a deal with an old friend, and even though it was less than 24 hours later that I found out I wasn't going to have to sell it, the fact remained that I had made the deal, and I don't go back on deals.(I'm a firm believer in the premise that if a man isn't good for his word, then he isn't good for much of anything)
He got a good deal, I know this thanks to all the help on this forum. BUT, (1) it's going to a friend, and (2) it isn't going to end up with a 350/350/9 inch in it, he is currently looking for a July '31 block....
Thanks again for all of your help, gents, it's kinda funny how life works out sometimes.
I know I'll never have another shot at a score like this, and it's always been a dream of mine to have a Ford Roadster (although, having one where it rains 80-100 inches a year isn't entirely practical), who knows what tomorrow will bring? I found ONE, maybe I'll find another...
26Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #65
1931 flamingo

best of luck to you
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #66
26Tudor

I understand what you're saying, Jeff, but I am the one that made the deal, and I figure everything happens for a reason. I don't mind him having it, as I know he will do the truck justice.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #67
azmodela
BANNED

Still interesting Kafer Dave... Why don't you just come out and admit that you didn't lose your job and your intention was to "flip" the A?

There are lots of people on here that flip cars and other things, honesty doesn't hurt...
azmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #68
26Tudor

azmodela, you pay for the polygraph, and I'll take it.
I can also furnish a layoff notice, effective August 13th, 2010, from the School District.