Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
ronn

Default Carlisle

next week in case anyone forgot.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:32 PM   #2
Ranchero50

Default Re: Carlisle

Yes, something popped up on my facebook feed for an event in Hannover too. EMMR swap meet, 10/3-4

Address:

100 Baltimore Rd
York Springs PA

Planning on Carlisle friday.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:50 AM   #3
Wick

The emmr is a good little meet. I always find something to pick up.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #4
blgitn

Emmr?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:11 PM   #5
todd j

Hershey is cancelled and Carlisle will still go on???
Old 09-24-2020, 09:41 PM   #6
McMimmcs

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd j View Post
Hershey is cancelled and Carlisle will still go on???
Difficult to believe, isn’t it !
Old 09-25-2020, 05:47 AM   #7
ronn

because carlisle is privately owned, they can do what ever the heck they please.

Im betting the show will be huge...............
Old 09-25-2020, 06:29 AM   #8
77Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
because carlisle is privately owned, they can do what ever the heck they please.

Im betting the show will be huge...............
Not necesarily, they need to follow the state's guidelines and I would imagine at some level Hershey is privately owned as well. Having said that.....

I had a friend that went to Carlisle GM this summer and he said the crowd was very light. People were well behaved and kept their distance. He said he felt safer there than at a local home depot. Good hunting and have fun to those going. Hershey IS having the Car show only next saturday. I will be there for that.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:14 AM   #9
McMimmcs

Sure hope those that go are safe and healthy on their return. A few car parts is not worth the risk to me after 15 continuous years.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:28 AM   #10
WHN

A guys got to do what a guys got to do.

My hope is that everyone just stays safe in whatever they wish to do. Please respect other people’s views.

Enjoy.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:41 AM   #11
ronn

Hershey is NOT privately owned- why it cant be held. too much liability.

also, Carlisle fought the state on this and the state can do nothing.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #12
Will N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Birdman View Post
Not necesarily, they need to follow the state's guidelines and I would imagine at some level Hershey is privately owned as well. Having said that.....

I had a friend that went to Carlisle GM this summer and he said the crowd was very light. People were well behaved and kept their distance. He said he felt safer there than at a local home depot. Good hunting and have fun to those going. Hershey IS having the Car show only next saturday. I will be there for that.

The Hershey parking lot venue is privately owned by HERCO, and large companies are risk averse and won't do anything that might expose them to liability. That is a big reason (in addition to others) the swap meet was cancelled. The Carlisle fairgrounds are owned by a family and the fairgrounds are their main concern. They have the gonads to stand up the the tin pot dictator Gov. Wolfe, who, by the way, was recently bitchslapped by a federal court that ruled that his arbitrary regulations (which are not laws) are unconstitutional. Pennsylvanians are beginning to reclaim the constitutional rights that were denied them all these months. For example, school district sports organization are ignoring rules limiting the number of people who can gather to watch games.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:00 PM   #13
77Birdman

Will N, exactly. I consider 'privately owned' something that is not owned by the government. There may be a holding company, investors, stock holders and a board of directors, but ultimately it is still Privately owned.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #14
dean from bozeman

A virus is a tiny, tiny thing. However, this one is kicking our a&&.

How does it get around? A sneeze. A cough. A breath. If you live where you can see your breath in the winter, you know what I mean.

How do we protect ourselves? Stay away from another's breath/water droplets.

Does a virus laugh when we act like it is our right not to protect ourselves? Does it laugh when we act that we are too tough to contract it? Really, it doesn't care. It only cares to get from one person to another via breath/water droplets.

A virus "fears" that it cannot get from an infected person to its next victim because if it cannot get to its next victim, it dies.

Wherever you go, don't let the virus win. Don't let it make you a sucker. Protect yourself with distance, absence or a mask. Protect those you love by not letting yourself carry a virus to them.

Don't let the virus win. We have 4% of the world's population but have about 20% of the world's cases (7 million+) and 20% of the world's deaths (over 200,000). Distance, absence and a mask are our weapons to defeat the virus. Use them.

Last edited by dean from bozeman; 09-25-2020 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:54 PM   #15
Ranchero50

I went to the spring show in June and the place lit up when they announced the decision that the local board of health was going to stand down. Two months later and the facts stand that this bug isn't doing what was feared back in April. The infection rate, death rate etc are so low as to not be a statistic. At this point it's just government bureaucracy that can't figure out how to get things going again thanks to so much fear mongering and psychological warfare played against its citizens.

Go out and get you some parts. Have fun and live a little.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #16
dean from bozeman

Ranchero, if you say, 'The infection rate, death rate etc are so low as to not be a statistic.'.

Then your family and friends haven't been hit yet. I sure hope that it stays that way. But as of today 7,236,179 Americans have been infected. As of today 208,347 have died. Those are statistics that we need to get our head around.

I love a swap meet more than most but until I get vaccinated, I will not attend another. My choice. Talked to a very good friend today. He has 3 spaces at Carlisle. His choice. We're all big boys and can make our own choices. We also will need to live with the consequences.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #17
Ranchero50

I looked it up a month ago and the 2019 automobile fatality rate was considerably higher than the covid death rate. You are literally more likely to die driving than from covid.

My wife's niece just got over it last week, two guys in my group from work have had it. All describe it as a moderate flu bug. The Covid wings in the hospitals have been shutting down for lack of need. I assume the bug mutated to be such a lesser issue than in the beginning. Be well.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:24 AM   #18
ronn

Thank you ranchero. Tired of the false political facts...........
Old 09-26-2020, 07:25 AM   #19
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchero50 View Post
I looked it up a month ago and the 2019 automobile fatality rate was considerably higher than the covid death rate. You are literally more likely to die driving than from covid.

My wife's niece just got over it last week, two guys in my group from work have had it. All describe it as a moderate flu bug. The Covid wings in the hospitals have been shutting down for lack of need. I assume the bug mutated to be such a lesser issue than in the beginning. Be well.
Your statistics are false and very misleading! Last year 39,000 traffic fatalities! To date this year over 200,000 C19 deaths!
Old 09-26-2020, 07:35 AM   #20
mhsprecher

A guy in one of the local clubs got it as did his wife and son. All were in the hospital. A rough time for all of them. The odds of infection may be low, but given the age of most of us, it is nothing we want to contract.
1939 Deluxe Fordor
1945 pickup
1951 Custom convertible
Closed Thread