Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-09-2020, 12:11 AM   #1
53MERC

Default SANRICO welding rods???

Have any of you ordered welding rods, or anything else, from a company called SANRICO?

https://sanrico.com/

If so, how was your experience?
I ordered some welding rods about a month ago and seem to be getting the run around. They also have no phone number or address on their website.
I paid on line by Visa.

I received an order confirmation. A few days later I received an email saying they shipped. No tracking number given though, and a delivery date of late May to late June. Really?
Then a week later, an email saying your order may be later due to the Coronavirus.
I then requested a tracking number from then. Nothing.
I requested a tracking number again. This time they respond back saying that the USPS "lost the order" and they were going to reship my order again. And keep the first order as a gift if they ever show up.
I have since requested this second tracking number three times now, but no reply.

It wasn't a lot of money ($24.99), but I hate getting ripped off.
I saw a few similar complaints on Facebook too.

Any input?
Thanks
53MERC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:31 AM   #2
Will D

Default Re: SANRICO welding rods???

Never dealt with them but did some searching on their website. Does this work with your email and order number:

https://sanrico.com/pages/track-your-order

Or does or just lead back to no response from them? If you paid with visa, visa should reimburse you typically.
Will D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
redmodelt

Sounds like you are dealing with a seller that has no physical product at their location just an office in the US with the rods being shipping from for example; China. Look for a small transaction fee on you VISA bill if the payment went to overseas location. The long shipping time kinda says that. In normal times with the shipping companies running normal, shipping time would not be an issue. They will string you along hopping to get product to you before time runs out on you doing a charge back or past the window to cancel the order. Check with your credit card company, you would need to do a charge back in X number of days, which is ether 150 or 180 for most cards. There are a number of post on eBay about this issue, same process going in here even if you did not buy thru eBay.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
53MERC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will D View Post
Never dealt with them but did some searching on their website. Does this work with your email and order number:

https://sanrico.com/pages/track-your-order

Or does or just lead back to no response from them? If you paid with visa, visa should reimburse you typically.
Will,
Thats a dead end. Here it what it shows (see photo), and it has been like that since they told me they originally shipped. You basically just put in your email address and order number. They dont give you any real tracking number. Then they told me they were "lost"but that screen never updated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sanrico.jpg (14.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
53MERC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmodelt View Post
Sounds like you are dealing with a seller that has no physical product at their location just an office in the US with the rods being shipping from for example; China. Look for a small transaction fee on you VISA bill if the payment went to overseas location. The long shipping time kinda says that. In normal times with the shipping companies running normal, shipping time would not be an issue. They will string you along hopping to get product to you before time runs out on you doing a charge back or past the window to cancel the order. Check with your credit card company, you would need to do a charge back in X number of days, which is ether 150 or 180 for most cards. There are a number of post on eBay about this issue, same process going in here even if you did not buy thru eBay.
Funny you mentioned that. I just closed out a nightmare transaction I had on Amazon on a box of disposable latex gloves I had ordered back in early April.
Never reveived them and the seller kept giving me bogus tracking numbers.
I finally had enough and was able to get a refund from Amazon.
You are correct. I found out those gloves were coming from China, but it never said so on the sellers page.

I will check my Visa and also with my bank on this Sanrico order.
Thank you.