Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
Pilotdave

Default Re: '30 tudor before and after

Very nice result, Chris. Enjoy your ride!!!
Pilotdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #22
George, Iowa

Really nice...I am in the middle of my restoration so I only understand half of the journey. And I bow to you for finishing the journey. Wow what a great job. How about a motor picture! Thanks for sharing.
George, Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #23
CWPASADENA

Thanks for all your comments!!!!!!

Black Wheels!!!

I always felt a '30 tudor was sort of your basic Model A and should be restored as such. I think the Black Wheels and Tires look right for this car. I did not want to even install Cowl Lights and the R/H Tail Light but I wanted Turn Signals.

I feel very fortunate finding this car. This car had been in storage in a Packing Shead in San Jose, California since some time during the War and was not found until about 50 years later when the shead was torn down. The "new" owner took the car to a shop for restoration but they went out of business before the project was completed.

I bought the car in the summer of 2000. There were a lot of boxes of parts as well as the body just sitting on the "finished" chassis. There was absolutely NO RUST in the body except for three very small pin holes, two in the bottom of one door and one in the other. A very easy repair with the TIG Welder. I was not happy with the chassis so I took it back apart and re-restored everything. I would have had it finished a lot sooner except I had to move my business and get everything back going again.

If any of you are in the middle of a project and do not see how you will ever get it finished, just work on one part of it at a time and keep plugging along. You will get to the end.

Again, Thanks for all the nice comments,

Chris
CWPASADENA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #24
Model A Man

Hi Chris you should drive on down to early rodders tomorrow in montrose, which isnt to far from pasadena ca. it where the 210 meets the 2 freeway at the United Artist movie theater on verdugo road. its every saturday from 6:30 am to 9am lots of good parking and there is a starbucks for coffee and a bagle shop for breakfast, most of the time around 75 cars show up. all kinds from stockers to st rods to wild customs. excellent job on the A

Last edited by Model A Man; 04-23-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Model A Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #25
CWPASADENA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model A Man View Post
Hi Chris you should drive on down to early rodders tomorrow in montrose, which isnt to far from pasadena ca. it where the 210 meets the 2 freeway at the United Artist movie theater on verdugo road. its every saturday from 6:30 am to 9am lots of good parking and there is a starbucks for coffee and a bagle shop for breakfast, most of the time around 75 cars show up. all kinds from stockers to st rods to wild customs. excellent job on the A
This is on my list of things to do.

I live in Pasadena and also have my shop in Pasadena and often will drive one of my "Old" cars to the shop on Saturdays. I am going to have to leave myself a note on the kitchin table Friday evening to remind me to skip breakfast and go to the Early Rodders Event and then on to the shop. I know others who attend on a regular basis and it sounds like a lot of fun. It is only about ten minutes on down the road from my shop. I will try to get by next week.

Thanks, Chris
CWPASADENA is offline   Reply With Quote