Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-08-2021, 02:09 AM   #1
gz

Default Ragner and Sally Lindman's 1929 Phaeton. Where is it now? (Henry's Lady Pages 66-68)

Here's the story.....

I have owned a lot of neat old cars and a lot of Model As.

The one Model A that has always stood out in my mind is the 1929 Phaeton that was once owned by Ragner (Rags) and Sally Lindman. This car is pictured on pages 66-68 of the great old Model A book "Henry's Lady". Rags and Sally were from Anaheim, California. I grew up in SoCal and got indoctrinated into the old car world when I was a kid in SoCal.

Why does THIS phaeton stand out in my mind, you ask? Well, it was the first Model A I was given a ride in as a kid. I also have fond memories of Rags,Sally and their daughters as they were at every SoCal swap meet selling new and used Model A parts when I was a kid. When I was 16 I had a really bad 1931 pickup and they were so helpful in me getting this truck running and driving. Their encouragement was infectious. They were pivotal people in the SoCal Model A and swap meet world back in the 1980s.

Sally and their daughters drove this phaeton cross country on more than one occasion and her travels were documented in a SoCal monthly publication called Antique Motor News which was published out of Long Beach, Ca and was the old car montly "bible" for those of us in Southern California. We couldn't wait to receive it every month and Sally's articles were one of the reasons. (Their other Model A was a 1931 panel truck called Mr. Goldfield that was also driven across country and written about profusely).

Rags and Sally were such great people, and they are amongst the people I attribute my life long interest-and life long profession-in the old car world. I believe Rags passed away a couple of years ago and I do not know if Sally is still alive.

Does anyone know who owns THIS phaeton now? Obviously, I would like to be considered as a buyer if this car would ever become for sale.

Does anyone else remember Rags and Sally Lindman?? It would be fun to hear some stories....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1929P2.jpg (30.1 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg 1929P.jpg (23.1 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by gz; 07-08-2021 at 02:17 AM.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:14 AM   #2
mercman from oz

Default Re: Ragner and Sally Lindman's 1929 Phaeton. Where is it now? (Henry's Lady Pages 66-

Missing 1929 Ford Model A Phaeton - where is it now?
mercman from oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:10 AM   #3
jb-ob

Default Re: Ragner and Sally Lindman's 1929 Phaeton. Where is it now? (Henry's Lady Pages 66-

It's probably hiding under white wall tires, painted wheels, multiple step plates, and side mounts.......
jb-ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:17 PM   #4
rusty12

I remember Rags and Sally very well. When I was very young and just starting in this hobby, I purchased a 1931 roadster project from them many years ago at the Long Beach Model T swap meet when it was still at the old Hamilton Bowl (aka The Dust Bowl to us old timers). Over the years, I purchased a lot of Model A parts from them both at swap meets and from their house. Although I remember this 1929 phaeton, I have no idea where it is now.
rusty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:04 PM   #5
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA

They were both nice people.
I think there was an article in the Restorer magazine about Sally's trip.
I'm not sure if it was in the article, but I heard that Sally carried a hand gun with her on her cross country trip. She was fearless.
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:19 AM   #6
ronn

and why wouldnt one of the daughters now own this car?

makes the most sense to me.........
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:57 PM   #7
ETAModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Mylar LakewoodCA View Post
They were both nice people.
I think there was an article in the Restorer magazine about Sally's trip.
I'm not sure if it was in the article, but I heard that Sally carried a hand gun with her on her cross country trip. She was fearless.
Down here everyone carries a hand gun... kinda like a spare tire... better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
🤠
ETAModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:59 PM   #8
ETAModel

Btw, I recently got a copy of Henry's Lady. Very informative and some nice cars. Color photos would be an improvement.
ETAModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:34 PM   #9
Chuck Sea/Tac

Angry Re: Ragner and Sally Lindman's 1929 Phaeton. Where is it now? (Henry's Lady Pages 66-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
and why wouldnt one of the daughters now own this car?

makes the most sense to me.........
Unfortunately, that seems to be the way things are going these days!
Chuck Sea/Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 03:11 PM   #10
jb-ob

Daughters usually grow up having other interests & objectives.

Ask me how I know! (Mine is getting married Hershey weekend !!)
jb-ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 07:36 PM   #11
Roadster62

Hope you can find it and buy it. First ride vehicles are special, so glad I have my 1912 Ford. Bob