Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-26-2021, 12:06 PM   #1
reggiedog

Question Milwaukee Ford Plant

HI;

So we all know that the ( R ) is the stamping for the Ford plant in Milwaukee now and that was in the T's era as I have proof that the Milwaukee Plant was a Manufacturing plant for sometime in the T era, but not for sure on the A era for now don't have the proof of that as of now but the A's era did have the ( R ) stamping though.

But that's not what I'm looking for as of now I'm looking for anyone that can tell me what month that the Milwaukee plant was in a normal year, as each plant started at a different time of the year each year.

And now I need to know the Month that the Milwaukee plant started each year reason is the Milwaukee plant since the early 1920's were putting together motors there in Milwaukee, and they were also stamping the motors as these motors were going into the cars that the plant was making in Milwaukee.

They weren't making the motors there they were just putting them together in that plant and putting them in the cars that they made there in Milwaukee, so to figure out the number system for the Milwaukee plant I need to know the month that the plant started each year in a normal year.

I need to know as to what month it is for sure in other words I need the proof of it, could be in May, June, July, or who knows could be in any month of the year as the Benson Research Center is still closed so I can't get it from them as of now.

So I just thought I would ask on here in hopes someone would have the information that I'm looking for.

Thanks Reggiedog
reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #2
McMimmcs

Default Re: Milwaukee Ford Plant

The Benson centre is only closed for physical presence. You can call or email and staff will respond!
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #3
reggiedog

already did that! Thanks
Old 07-26-2021, 02:07 PM   #4
reggiedog

Question Re: Milwaukee Ford Plant

I just got a reply back from the Benson and they said it was April that it started and that's not what I wanted, I wanted the month that go by as there start of the year.

And the start of the Milwaukee plant isn't April I know what month it was started and that's not what I wanted, I wanted what they go by each year as a start as every company has a start date in a normal year like my buss was January.

But maybe the Milwaukee plant was the Month that I know was the start month maybe that's it, so I should just go with that and say that's it as the Benson says it's April and I know that's not it.

And try and figure out the Motor numbers from that hope it works if not give up on it and try a different month, as they had a way that they did the numbers back then and I want to find that out as I'm getting closer to finding the day to day stuff.

Reggiedog
Old 07-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #5
McMimmcs

If you contact the source and ask a question and don’t believe their reply you’ve wasted both your times!
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:41 PM   #6
reggiedog

Not true I believe them it's just I have newspaper articles that say different so who would you believe the newspapers or them, I would believe them and the newspapers and the news papers have a different start date then they do.

As there months off of what I have for a start date and I told them this and about the newspapers that I have in hand, I even re-typed it for them word for word never herd back from them so I don't think they believed me.

But Edsel Ford and the manager of the plant said it to the newspapers I didn't so to me the newspapers are right so I don't know where they got the Month that they have from, as that's not the truth at all and now I have the proof of it in two different newspapers from Milwaukee, so again I don't know as to where they got there month from as that isn't what I have at all by a long shot.

Reggiedog