Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #1
Bruce Newbery

Default Hagerty and Pelling Insurance

I live in Canada and was thinking of buying Hagerty insurance to drive across Canada and return through U.S.A . The trip would take 4 months. I was told they would not cover me because the car would be my daily driver. I have Hagerty insurance on my 29 Model A pickup. In the policy under Leisure use, it states:Leisure use means the described automobile is used exclusively for collector car activities,parades,and limited pleasure. This bothered me so I did more research and was totally surprised at the answers I got
I sent a email and they would not answer the questions I asked by email but only by phone. Basically he said unless it is a car club activity,you are not covered. You cannot use your car for daily driving,You cannot go on a trip and stay overnight in a hotel unless you are on a club event.There policy is very vague and open to many interpretations.No one would sign a business contract so vague.
My question is ,are the American Hagerty classic policy written so vague because if they are,I would think you could be sued for everything you owned
Bruce Newbery is offline   Reply With Quote