Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
KIRK!

Default TASTEFUL & CLASSIC Shift Knobs - Sorry Rat Rodders, NO Goofy Monsters or Giant Skulls

City: Concord
State: CA
Price: $85-FREE

Here's my first batch of Legion Lucky Knobs. I plan to have a bunch done for LARS, but I need money to get there first.

*note* If the one you like is gone I can make one for you with one of the coins shown below. The woods I currently have are Cocobolo, Black Palm and Ebony.

The idea is a knob that will stand the test of time - no cartoon monster heads, spikes or goofy giant skulls - just simple, timeless wood knobs with a piece of history inlaid into them.

Are they perfect? Hell no! Each one is unique and has character. All are Urethane coated for weatherproofing. The coins/tokens are original collector items from the '20s to the '50s. Everything from World's Fair souvenirs to creepy mystical looking good luck charms. Yes, there is a swastika here and there. Before you get all hot and bothered, remember that it was a good luck symbol for thousands of years with cultures all over the globe before the nut job with the little mustache fucked it up.

If you are looking for a scary skull in a jester hat, a perfect soulless trinket for your street rod or an oversized helping of "hey look at me!" then look elsewhere. I'm just making understated pieces that add to your interior, not dominate it - something that looks like it's always been there.

Anyway, check them out. They're $80 each - FREE shipping to the ConUS.

*SOLD* "Heads I Win" - 2.125"x1" wood knob painted black then loaded with clear. 5/16-18 insert.

*SOLD* "Per-Ola" Coin reads: "Good for a $20 credit on your first purchase of land in Per-Ola Co-Operative settlements. Forest County, Wisconsin. Only one credit given each purchaser." 2.125"x1" wood knob with old worn finish that has been clear-coated over for protection and smoothness. 5/16-18 insert.

Photos edited by request.

#3 "I Bring Good Luck, Carry Me" - 2.125"x1" wood knob with old worn finish that has been clear-coated over for protection and smoothness. 5/16-18 insert.

Last edited by KIRK!; 06-08-2010 at 03:33 PM.
KIRK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
KIRK!

Default Re: TASTEFUL & CLASSIC Shift Knobs - Sorry Rat Rodders, NO Goofy Monsters or Giant Sk

*SOLD* "Good Luck Triptych" 1.75"x1.25" wood knob hand turned by ME from Black Palm. The second knob I turned. It is FAR glossier than it looks in the photos. 5/16-18 insert.

#5 "All Seeing Eye" This was the original knob I ran in the Legion Special. 2.125"x1" 2.125"x1" wood knob with old worn finish that has been clear-coated over for protection and smoothness. 5/16-18 insert.

Here's another sample. It's what I'm currently running in the Legion Special. Wood is Cocobolo

Here's the one Matt Seret is running in the Orange Jalopy.

Photos edited by request.

Other coins I'll be working with. Requests welcome.

Last edited by KIRK!; 06-08-2010 at 03:51 PM.
KIRK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
WHITEY

Default Re: TASTEFUL & CLASSIC Shift Knobs - Sorry Rat Rodders, NO Goofy Monsters or Giant Sk

Pm sent...
WHITEY is offline   Reply With Quote