Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #21
KiWinUS

Default Re: HOT early 21 stud Anyone have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.M. View Post
Sure it works with 4 pumps. Hasn't been driven on the road yet but in tests it don't look any or much improvement over 2 of his pumps. We thought it would be differant for the "water pump man's" truck. Don't forget the pressure isn't going to increase much, just volume so the 144 tubes, the length of the tubes and some dirt in them restricts it the same as with 1 set of pumps. Larger or more radiator tubes would increase the flow. I just happened to think that my 45 V/60 midget does not have water pumps but has 2 3/4" copper pipes from the top tank to the bottom tank. We ran this about 30 laps on a hot night and it ran in the normal temperature range.
WOW great midget GM , more details about it please ? Gas or Methanol ?
cheers
Tony
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
Shadetree

I have had my 21 stud running since 2007. In the past I have had some heating problems either real or imagined as it has never boiled. I attended two car shows today and left the last one at dusk. Though unfinished, it gets more than its share of attention at car shows. Everyone loves that flathead! Anyway it was a cool ride back home with the top down and the car was running so good, all I could hear was the fan and the Smitty's barking. Matter of fact, I was keeping up with traffic at 55-60 mph on a two lane and even thought about passing once but I thought there might be a cop loitering around. But then too if I did get a speeding ticket it would give me bragging rights. 65-70 mph in a stock `35 Ford! I thought of why Henry wanted a V-8, a shorter, sportier hood than the sixes and straight eights. As I got closer home I have a steep hill into the subdivsion that I haven't been able to climb in high gear since I installed the 3.54 gears. I hit it a little faster at the bottom and it walked right up that hill in high gear! A Stromberg 97 and 3.54 gears. What a combination!

Shadetree
Old 09-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #23
max sr

here are a few pics of a SCoT Blown 21 stud

2010 Canada ETC 054.jpg

2010 Canada ETC 055.jpg
max sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #24
boo

puting a 21 stud in my 27 T coupe, 39 linc. gearbox[ford gears] columbia od w/4-11 gears, etc. if i ever get to it, have collected all parts, now just need time..,..
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #25
phartman

Love, love a little 21-stud. Just bought a set of Eddie Meyers repop heads for mine. Nice motors.

phartman is offline   Reply With Quote