Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #21
chap52

Default Re: Fustrated at Snyders (Vent session)

Let ye without shipping problem cast the first stone.
I never messed up an order, they just didn't understand what I was thinking...
Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #22
Nabco

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent in 10-uh-c View Post
Geez this rant is extremely hard to read! Punctuation & proper spelling would go a long way, ...however i must be frank with you and tell you that it is going to be highly unlikely that you will find very many people to side with you being frustrated at snyders! They just do not have that many issues to begin with considering the volume they do.

My suggestion is wait until in the morning, --call tom jordan and calmly explain your situation and see if he can help you solve your issues. If not, politely & respectfully call don snyder himself and explain what your issue is. Most people do not realize just how big the snyders organization is ...yet how personal they can be when it comes to providing one-on-one customer service. I promise you that if snyders even remotely did something wrong, they will make it right for you. In this day & time, this is very rare. You really need to think long and hard about burning a bridge with such a quality supplier!

👍👍👍
Old 04-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #23
BILL WILLIAMSON

FEW people are PERFECT, My Daughter "thinks" she is!---Poor INSECURE Kid!
Kid's Dad
Old 04-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #24
Mike Peters

Been buying from Snyders since the 80's. Still happy. Tried Mac's once. Never again.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #25
holdover

Snyders is one of the best, and I have never had a problem with them over the last few years and I place an order about every other week while doing a restoration, nor do I have problems with the other good vendors that you all know. Do not know what went wrong with his orders, but I do know they will make it right.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #26
FRANK PKNY

IMG_1209.jpgSnyder's has always treated me fine. Shipped promptly, Quality parts whenever available. They are very polite on the phone. I think you need to regroup and start over. Your barking up the wrong tree here.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #27
Synchro909

Seems most people are supportive of Snyders but one thing is for sure. They can't ring me to clear up a query or check the address etc. Their (not so) new website still asks for a phone number in a compulsory field but won't accept a number from outside the US. I'd have to put in some fake number just to keep their computer happy.
Other than that, I have no beef with them and until the new website, I was dealing with them for many years.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #28
Ed

I have used Snyders in the distant past. I have experienced a problem with the wrong order being shipped to me, and my order going to someone else. Apparently the street addresses were very similar, but in different cities and states.

When I called to let them know about the mixup, they were very apogetic and helpful. They sent out my original order before they received the order I sent back to them. They offered to pay the freight for the retuned parts.(I declined their offer). When I received my order two days later, everything was included, just as I had originally ordered. They also included a discount coupon for a future purchase.

The reason I am explaining my experience in detail is to illustrate how well I was treated by Snyders. As was previously mentioned, you are not likely to find a lot of sympathy on this forum when it comes to dealings with Snyders. There past performance speaks volumes to most of us that have done business with them in the past.

I have a few other comments that I will make about your post.

First, I find it rather distasteful and spiteful on your part to use this forum to complain or "vent" about any vendor. If you have a problem with a vendor, it is best to deal with them rather that attempt to damage their reputation on this forum. Your entire post is more of a "rant" than anything else. It is one sided, and Snyders likely will not stoop to your level to attempt to defend themselves on this forum.

Secondly, by looking at the composition of your post, I would not be too quick to dismiss the possibility of an error on your part concerning the shipping address.

Last, but not least, remember when trying to resolve any issue with a vendor, your attitude will determine the response you will receive.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #29
Larry Jenkins
BANNED

Tom Jordan's name was mentioned above. Tom is a real asset to Snyders. He is very knowledgeable and always has a good answer or solution.

He is a part owner. Don is fortunate to have Tom as an associate. If you rank the top 3, Snyders is always Number one with ole Dad..
Old 04-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #30
SeaSlugs

My only thing about snyders that was a disappointment was I placed a largeish order for AA parts using thier online system. Everything went smooth, box showed up in about 3-4 days and I got most of my parts but also had 2 pieces of paper in there saying they were out of 2 of my parts, that they didn't have any, they arent back-ordered, and they dont know when/if they would get anymore... SO my beef is why would it let me order them anyways and why not a simple email or phone call to let me know they were out? So I ordered the parts from another vendor - more shipping - another week gone to waiting...

So in the next few orders I've called and asked about stock on every single part so I dont get "burned" again. Kind of annoying on mine and thier part but if they cant notify online that they are out of stock of a part then I guess thats the way we play the game...Thier new website may have added stocking as a feature but I havent noticed...
Old 04-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #31
denniskliesen

I have bought a lot of parts from Snyder's in the past 4 months, thousands of $$$$ in fact. They have always taken good care of my orders. I usually watch the tracking on my orders so I can manage my time while working on a project so I can work on another while I wait. I remember once FedEx stopped a delivery at a location 40 miles from me due to the package getting damaged and undeliverable. I called Snyder's and told the nice lady I noticed my order is undeliverable so while on the phone with me she looked on her end and said oh I see that and we will get a new order packed and on it's way. And a couple hours later I got an email from Fedex with tracking information. I have called in the past also asking for technical help, spoke to Tom, and was given answers that were very helpful. Even though they are better than half way across the USA from me, I'll continue to buy from them because I can count on them to have or will have everything in stock.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #32
SeaSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniskliesen View Post
I have bought a lot of parts from Snyder's in the past 4 months, thousands of $$$$ in fact. They have always taken good care of my orders. I usually watch the tracking on my orders so I can manage my time while working on a project so I can work on another while I wait. I remember once FedEx stopped a delivery at a location 40 miles from me due to the package getting damaged and undeliverable. I called Snyder's and told the nice lady I noticed my order is undeliverable so while on the phone with me she looked on her end and said oh I see that and we will get a new order packed and on it's way. And a couple hours later I got an email from Fedex with tracking information. I have called in the past also asking for technical help, spoke to Tom, and was given answers that were very helpful. Even though they are better than half way across the USA from me, I'll continue to buy from them because I can count on them to have or will have everything in stock.
What happen with the first box? Truck catch fire?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #33
denniskliesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSlugs View Post
My only thing about snyders that was a disappointment was I placed a largeish order for AA parts using thier online system. Everything went smooth, box showed up in about 3-4 days and I got most of my parts but also had 2 pieces of paper in there saying they were out of 2 of my parts, that they didn't have any, they arent back-ordered, and they dont know when/if they would get anymore... SO my beef is why would it let me order them anyways and why not a simple email or phone call to let me know they were out? So I ordered the parts from another vendor - more shipping - another week gone to waiting...

So in the next few orders I've called and asked about stock on every single part so I dont get "burned" again. Kind of annoying on mine and thier part but if they cant notify online that they are out of stock of a part then I guess thats the way we play the game...Thier new website may have added stocking as a feature but I havent noticed...
Not to get off the Snyder's performance, but this is where they differ from Bratton's. Twice I was called from Bratton's on an order, they were small parts, that were out of stock. They asked if I wanted to cancel the order or do I want to order the substitute part. I think it was for bolts and nuts holding the engine splash shields nonauthentic were out of stock. So they were small items but still they called. Snyder's, so far has always had the parts I ordered in stock.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #34
denniskliesen

Quote:
What happen with the first box? Truck catch fire?
I was never told what happened, but suspect it might have been the 2 bottles of 600w oil.

Now that I think about it, had an order from Bratton's, was a distributor body and cap ( cosmetically damaged) with some heavy parts. I had a tuneup job for somebody that had a rotor in his distributor was hitting one of the contacts inside the body. When I opened the box I immediately took pictures and called and told them what happened. Emailed the pictures and they sent replacements right away. Snyder's and Bratton's have always taken good care of me.

We are extremely fortunate in the Model A world to have the vendors that we have for parts and service. Don't believe me? Try any other brand name vintage auto for price and availability.

Last edited by denniskliesen; 04-20-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:07 PM   #35

Never had a problem with Snyders.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #36
SeaSlugs

Quote:
I was never told what happened, but suspect it might have been the 2 bottles of 600w oil.
rofl so the 600W decided to leech out like a sticky amoeba and infect everything in the truck huh?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #37
SeaSlugs

Quote:

Now that I think about it, had an order from Bratton's, was a distributor body and cap with some heavy parts. I had a tuneup job for somebody that had a rotor in his distributor was hitting one of the contacts inside the body. When I opened the box I immediately took pictures and called and told them what happened. Emailed the pictures and they sent replacements right away. Snyder's and Bratton's have always taken good care of me.

We are extremely fortunate in the Model A world to have the vendors that we have for parts and service. Don't believe me? Try any other brand name vintage auto for price and availability.
yea one of the parts was the center tie bolts for the rear AA springs - kind of step #1 after blast grind and paint...rest was all the bushings and pins and everything else to mount the springs so kind of frustrating...
Old 04-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #38
denniskliesen

Quote:
yea one of the parts was the center tie bolts for the rear AA springs - kind of step #1 after blast grind and paint...rest was all the bushings and pins and everything else to mount the springs so kind of frustrating...
Be thankful it wasn't for a Dodge!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:21 PM   #39
Mr T Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
Try Macs
Right, so the ONE THING you really need backorders 'til hell freezes over........
Old 04-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #40
DougVieyra

Physcologists and smart wives have long known that VENTING is good for both the soul and the emotional stability of the human psyche . So go ahead . . . let it all out !

Just remember three things -
1. Perfection is an affront to God.
2. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
3. Abraham Lincoln's famous saying: "You can please ALL of the people some
of the time. You can please some of the people ALL of the time. BUT . . .
You cannot please ALL the people ALL of the time ! "
Closed Thread