Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-11-2020, 07:57 AM   #1
Mart

Default Fun at Mart's. Old Ford Rally. 32 Sedan shocks (still). Ol' 59 Flatty Crank out.

Hello! another mixed bag this week. I take the T-Bird and the 41 Pickup to Gaydon for the Old Ford Rally. Nice time, nice people, the museum is well worth a visit. I show the next step in my long drawn out front shock fitment on the 32 sedan. I also continue to tear down the Ol' 59 Flatty, this time getting the crank out. I show a couple of handy tips for getting access to awkward nuts.
Hope you enjoy, if you do please subscribe and share with your friends on social media.

https://youtu.be/b-dPIVcy1sM

Thanks for the interest.

Make sure you check out Pete Cs resto job on "Bramble" on youtube.

Mart.

Last edited by Mart; 09-11-2020 at 08:36 AM.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:37 PM   #2
GB SISSON

Default Re: Fun at Mart's. Old Ford Rally. 32 Sedan shocks (still). Ol' 59 Flatty Crank out.

Favorite vehicle was the zephyr ute, favorite moment was when the crank came free. Like a bad tooth!
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
RKS.PA

Default Re: Fun at Mart's. Old Ford Rally. 32 Sedan shocks (still). Ol' 59 Flatty Crank out.

Mart, thank you for posting. Especially, enjoyed watching you working in the shop. On the segment on removing the crank, is this the block that cracked getting the pistons out? If if is, am interested in seeing how your crack brazing turned out.
RKS.PA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
Robz51

Really liked the video! Looks like the Ute shared some basic body panels as the Fords utes. Also seems the Capris of that era were much more popular in the U. K. Than here in the U. S.. Can't wait for an update on the 59. Rob
Robz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #5
Russ/40

Mart, with as many flatys as I've torn down, I never realized you could pull the crank without pushing all the pistons to the top. Guess i never had one as bad as your last few.

Learning something every day about these fun engines. You make it fun. Your channel is evolving in a very fun way. Keep up the good amusing and informative work.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:49 AM   #6
flatford8

Great show Mart!!!......there was a Holden Ute parked at the Post Office the other day in Waterboro (next town to me)...a man from Australia owns it....he’s big into Tri 5 Chevys. Trifiveguy on YouTube I believe. I got so interested in the car and talking to him, I forgot to take a photo......Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:35 AM   #7
mfirth

Crank looks good...crusty will like it. I too still have some old drop forged spanners made in India. Good show old chap! Had time to watch due to no church today. Thanks Mart !!
I'll stay tuned.
m
mfirth is offline   Reply With Quote