Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-13-2021, 12:37 AM   #21
hope

Default Re: Failing health

Quote:
Originally Posted by papanomad View Post
when you read about the epley maneuver it sounds weird, but it works.
epely maneuver works for me.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:12 AM   #22
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

No fun getting old. I have slowed up a lot.Yesterday I finally got back to work on the 32. just don't have the drive I use to have. I seam look forward in laying down to take a nap a couple times a day. I just turn 81 and don't like it. Staying home and no one to talk to don't help also. Use to go early in the morning to get coffee and talk to friends now no more. Coffee shop close up. I hate wearing that mast, flogs up my glasses then can't see where I am going. I think that a bunch of crap anyway. What this world coming to anyway. Well I guess its time for another nap.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:04 AM   #23
corvette8n

Sorry to hear about your illness, keep fighting it. About 20 yrs ago I was diagnosed with atypical Meniere's Disease(my neurologist said the only way to prove it was an autopsy and he said most patients find that unacceptable).
I stay off of carnival rides and try not to do movements that aggravate it. I feel more comfortable standing next to a wall rather than the middle of the room.
I always feel as if the room is slightly revolving, but I think over time my brain has compensated for this feeling and I am able to function normally. Fortunately I have little to no issues when I’m sitting or driving.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:21 AM   #24
ct1932ford

Sorry to hear of your illness. Yes we are all getting up there. I had vertigo a few years back and one day I fell off my tractor going down an incline landing on my head and although banged up pretty badly, the vertigo was gone. Not recommending that treatment. I know there are many causes for the condition. Praying for the best for you.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:44 AM   #25
Bob/Pa

WOW, I'm 86 and other than a little slower, I'm up and at it by 8am every day with something to do. Have garage heater so can work on cars. Right now it's shovel snow every day. We have had 48" so far this year with lots more on way this weekend. Enjoy that nice warm Ca weather.
Bob/Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #26
34pickup

Don't sell your cars!. This will probably pass. Even if you are not up to driving or even riding in them, sometimes its cathartic just to go out to the garage and admire these old works of art. I seldom drive any of my old cars, traffic conditions and spending most of my life driving has taken a lot of the fun out of it but I still enjoy just waxing or piddling with them.
Matt 24:36-41
34pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:04 AM   #27
Bored&Stroked

Thanks for sharing your situation and the whole Barn hopes that you hang in there, seek treatment and that by putting positive energy and work into it, that you can overcome it. Don't throw in the towel as of yet - you still have lots of good years left in yah! God Bless you and your family . . .
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:47 AM   #28
Sid the Maineiac

I hope you realize that you have a lot of friends who are pulling for you on here !Please listen to the advice of others who have faced similar challenges and get well ! I agree , don't sell your cars ! You have enjoyed them and can continue to enjoy them !Get better soon !
Sid the Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #29
47Monarch

There are a number of things that can cause vertigo some can be fixed or at least treated. Here's hoping your condition is a simple fix
47Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:07 PM   #30
deuce_roadster

Balance is controlled by both of your inner ears. There are small loose nodule like things called otoliths (think of it as "rocks in your head) that move around in your inner ear as your position changes and tiny hairs transmit their position to your brain and that is how you maintain your balance. If one side has a problem it can cause your imbalance. These otoliths can get stuck and mess up your balance when side doesn't agree with the other. That is how the positioning exercises can help, by freeing up "stuck" otoliths...
As others said, don't sell your cars yet, it MAY be something simple, I hope so. Good luck!
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote