Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #681
40 Deluxe

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofa.express View Post
Are dealer workshops competent or do they have manufacturer authority to rip you off?

I have had an excellent trouble free run from VW motor cars,so when I decided to purchase an SUV it was a VW. An excellent specimen with only 100k km mileage with the recommended book price of only 20% of retail.
It didn’t take long for trouble to arrive and I’ll make this as short as possible. First a failure in the high pressure fuel pump. It appears these were troublesome in vehicles manufactured that year, well so be it. Dealer quote to repair $10,700, that is AUD. Trailered it home, purchased pump on ebay, mechanic fitted, total cost, $1,450.
[I][FONT=Bookman Old Style][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0f243e]When I purchased this vehicle the seller advised it had never had a crash. Contrary to that I found paper work for a front end panel repair, yes it had been crashed and because of this more repairs were required. A[I][FONT=Bookman Old Style] disconcerting noise started when decelerating. I was in Toowoomba at the time and took it to the local authorised dealer workshop. I was advised to change or repair the transmission. Bill for diagnosis was $100. [SIZE=3][COLOR=#0f243e]I took it to a reputable non VW workshop and they did an extensive and expensive job, replacing the CV joins where the noise was coming from plus replacing other worn components. They were both competent and honest.
[I][FONT=Bookman Old Style][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0f243e]
[FONT=Bookman Old Style][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0f243e]My wife bought fuel for an earlier VW from a country service station where the attendant refuelled for her. Both of them were jaw wagging instead of paying attention: the diesel car was filled with petrol and it didn’t travel too far before it quit. She phoned VW and was told she must take it to a dealer. Now this was most impractical as this incident was at a fairly remote location. The service station mechanic arrived and pumped out the petrol, refilled with diesel and she was on her way. Isn’t it good to deal with country folk. (At times my friends poke fun at me for driving a VW. They tell me it is Hitler's revenge).
Question. Does this occur only with VW or is this type of practice and behaviour also applicable to other manufacturer’s authorised workshops? Have you had a similar experience? Do tell me.
It's pretty much across the board. Standard practice seems to be: Repair it the most expensive way to maximize profits. This at both the factory and dealer level. It's been said that a dealer loses money on new car sales but makes it up in the service department. Example: I was mechanic for the Arizona Hiway Dept. Had a fuel line leak due to a bad O-ring. Local Chevy dealer said O-ring not available separately, had to buy the whole line for a few hundred dollars. We had the factory parts and repair manuals, so I spent a little time researching. Sure enough, found a part number for just the O-ring and was able to order it. More recently the A/C quit on my Jetta Diesel. I traced to a bad control valve on the compressor. Dealer wanted over $700 for a compressor. Valve not available; buy the whole compressor! Went online and found a new valve for $75. ($25 if I wanted to wait for one from China. No thanks, it was June in Phoenix, AZ!)
As far as outright lying to the customer, that's been going on a long time. My Dad once told about his dad back in the 1930's taking his car to the dealer for something (I can't remember if it was his '31 Model A, or a later V8). It came back running worse and they told him it needed a valve job. He went home and found a washer under one of the carb mounting bolts, creating a vacuum leak.
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:09 AM   #682
katy

I once took a newer car to a dealer for servicing. There was fresh snow on the ground and one could see the tire tracks where I had pulled into and parked. After work, when I went to pick up the car, I saw that the car was in exactly the same spot, it had never been moved, evidenced by the snow. The clerk at the service counter said the car had been serviced and was ready to go. I told him it hadn't been done, I wasn't paying anything, so just give me my keys so I can go. He called the service manager and we had a big argument until I told him to go look at the tracks in the snow, the car was exactly where I had parked it that morning. Only then did I get my keys and leave.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #683
woofa.express

I understand from both Deluxe and Katy that
it would seem Australian dealer service centres and American dealer service centres have one thing in common. They tell fibs. Big ones too.
We have two local garages in our town, one I’ve done business with for forty years and the other is relatively new. Both are competent and honest and I reckon their mechanics have much more general mechanical skill than what I’ve found at the dealer workshops. However they do not receive me in a surgical clean reception room by a bloke in a nicely pressed shirt with both company name and his (or her) name embroidered on the front and wearing a tie sometimes with a logo embroidered on it too. At both of our local garages one is received by a bloke whose clothing shows evidence of having worked in an engine compartment.
My neighbour reckons his dealer service centre is competent but only in changing oil. But he has a magnificent show room and reception and this according to neighbour is reflected in his workshop hourly charge rate.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #684
woofa.express

Highway men

Don’t some cops impose themselves in peoples lives or activity simply to exert their authority. Most particularly highway cops. I don’t steel, don’t do drugs and am courteous and respectful of others. I don’t hoon on the roads. It’s just that my behaviour and beliefs coincide with my conduct and I’ve learned not to attract attention. But today I did. Here’s what went on.
I was driving a country road and a cop car closed in behind me. We both travelled the same speed for some time which was less than the max limit, but when he passed me he gunned it and grossly exceeded the max. Well I stuck my hand out the window and wagged my index finger in a reprimanding gesture not to be confused as an insulting upright finger expression. Well I was stopped and given a ticket,the offence being having part of my body outside the car.
I was berated, made to feel I was guilty of a serious crime and of course they made sure I felt humiliated. She was butch, bossy, in your face, uncompromising and authoritive. I knew this was a time to keep my mouth shut. Now it didn’t end there. I had been asked to attend a meeting representing the local member of parliament. Well this cop and her offsider had the same destination as myself and they sat across a table only 3 feet infront of me. Words of disagreement were exchanged, it didn’t go well and I was abit like abull terrier dog and didn’t let go. It did end up better when we struck agreement to the very serious issue that drug users present to other drivers and indeed the nation. She told me she didn’t like her job but the pay cheque kept her there. She’d much prefer other employment.
It went beyond the meeting for late in the afternoon I received an email from the members Deniliquin office to say my position as the members representative will no longer be needed. An honoury position of little significance. I reckon those cops didn’t take too long to get even with gary. I do like the member and have known her for 20 years and I don’t believe this came from her but from her representative at this satellite office. Those cops were not going to let my resentment of their heavy handed authority go away.
I once told the regional chief of highway patrol that they( highway) are the most despicable in the police force. Also they should have sign writed on the side panels of their cars, not highway patrol but highwaymen. So I guess they well remember me. But I won’t be intimidated.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:23 AM   #685
woofa.express

what be the difference in these 3 pictures.
answers please. go ahead.
my explanation tomorrow.
gary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg highway men 3.jpg (82.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg highway men 2.jpg (19.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg highway men 4.jpg (28.2 KB, 10 views)

Old 08-21-2019, 03:28 AM   #686
woofa.express

Indian justice.

Car theft in Australia is on the increase. What's it like in America?
The justice system in India (a guess that where this clip is shot by the jabbering that's going on) has the ideal answer for it. The end of the clip doesn't look like the end of the administration. This punishment works well in Singapore. It would work here in Australia, would it work in America? It's a shame the clip wouldn't copy or paste. The justice department have bent the thief over, removed his trousers and undies, held him securely and with a bat hit his backside with a stroke that would be the equivalent of out of the field strike. The mans thieving ways have been addressed and it's most likely he will never do it again.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:18 AM   #687
woofa.express

This story is following on from a few days ago, number 685.
There’s a fable about a young one helping a snake. I’ve checked it out on the internet and there is differing stories but all have the same theme. Here it is.
A young girl came across a snake on a track and was surprised when the snake spoke to her. Snake said he was lonely and in need of company. Snake asked if she give him a hug. No, you’re a snake and you will bite me. The snake protested then endeavoured to convince her of its honourable character. The girl again declined and the snake again reassured her of his good character. Just give me a hug, I need it and I would be so appreciative.
Well the girl relented, picked up snake which bit her on the neck. She dropped snake and protested saying, you deceived me, you said you would not bite me.
Well said the snake, you knew what I was before you picked me up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snake.JPG (22.1 KB, 0 views)

Old 08-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #688
woofa.express

I have very much enjoyed writing in this forum but I am starting to wonder just what else I can write about. Sometimes both Katy and Deluxe ask questions and I am pleased to receive them. Does anyone have questions about my Model A, cropdusting or information on Australia? I do have firm political opinions but refrain from such comment for this is not the forum for such.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg question mark.jpg (32.4 KB, 0 views)

Old 08-22-2019, 10:58 PM   #689
40 Deluxe

Quote:
I have very much enjoyed writing in this forum but I am starting to wonder just what else I can write about. Sometimes both Katy and Deluxe ask questions and I am pleased to receive them. Does anyone have questions about my Model A, cropdusting or information on Australia? I do have firm political opinions but refrain from such comment for this is not the forum for such.
OK, here's a question: Suppose you are taking a trip with your A starting tomorrow. After the customary "preflight", you head down the road to parts unknown. How far could you go before it quits or breaks?
Old 08-23-2019, 06:52 PM   #690
woofa.express

This story is a continuation of 685 and 688. It will be my last comment on this matter for fear that I will offend some of you and possibly bore you all.
The highway policewoman who issued the “hand out the window”driving offence said she didn’t wish to be lectured by me but she did lecture me in the form of a fine which arrived yesterday in the post. Her lecture cost $344 and loss of 3 points, which is one quarter of the 12 allocated.
She responded to my soft reprimand with a severe response. Was this equitable?
As a policeman once told my friend Ken, “not all policemen in highway patrol are pigs but all the pigs in the police force are in highway patrol”. I have substituted the word pigs for a crude word that could have offended some readers.

And an answer to Deluxe tomorrow. Does anyone else have any other questions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cop mayo.JPG (30.3 KB, 1 views)

Old 08-23-2019, 08:07 PM   #691
woofa.express

I wrote in story number 687 about punishment handed out to car thieves in India. At the time I was unable to post the clip or a shot from it. But now I can because of perseverance with my poor computer skill. So here is a still shot from that clip, all will be obvious.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corporal punishment.JPG (33.3 KB, 19 views)

Old 08-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #692
katy

Hey Gary, what's the farthest distance from home that you've flown your cropduster for a job?
Old 08-24-2019, 06:18 PM   #693
woofa.express

Okay Deluxe, thankyou for your question. Now here’s the answer.

Last year I took both my tourer and ute to our National Meeting at Murray Bridge, a 400 mile trip. That event was the happiest holiday I’ve had in my life time. We overnighted at Toolebuc, (pronounced too-lee-buck) now that’s a strange name isn’t it. An engine inspection revealed a busted fanbelt and I wasn’t carrying a spare, but along came 5 other A’s including expat American Dave. He had one and was pleased to provide. I did acknowledge and thank Dave in this forum some time back and now of course I carry a spare. Apart from a puncher in the tyre years ago I have not had any break downs.
But I have long been plagued with over heating and boiling. I replaced the original fan with a 5 blader off a Toyota Corolla and since bought plastic ones from Snyders that appear to be an exact copy. Then I had the radiators rodded out. That didn’t rectify the problem either. Then I did what I should have done in the first place, purchase a new radiator for two of the motor cars.
For the ute I purchased a sealed water pump and apressurised radiator (4psi). That failed at the solder below the top tank. At this moment it is being repaired. I had run it on vinegar to clean the block of rust. Was it this or simply poor manufacture? I don’t know and maybe the repairer will advise.
I lost my basic knowledge and enthusiasm for mechanical work years ago because with aeroplanes and later a business there was always aprofessional to do this work for me. I now rely on others to help or provide. I do envy owners who are good at mechanical work and have their motor cars running to peak at all times.
The first production motor car made in Australia was a General Motors Holden and that was in 1948. I think it is possibly the most sort after motor car here and I have a pearler with only 24k miles. However I just don't warm to it or any others build since the 40’s with the exception perhaps of a very few British builds, but they are mechanically too intricate and that’s just too big a deterrent for me.
So I love my Model A’s, even just love looking at them. I have them all named, one of course is Woofa Express and that’s the ute, the tourer is Olive because the paint colour is “Desert sands” which is close to olive colour and Old Chocolate, a 1930 roadster coupe because of its colour.
I once gave a talk at our local club (antique cars not specifically Model A’s). I said whilst I was a married man I was in love with another lady, a much older woman, Henry’s lady. The girls were dark on me for a moment but forgave when I said Henry’s lady was my Model A.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:22 PM   #694
woofa.express

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
OK, here's a question: Suppose you are taking a trip with your A starting tomorrow. After the customary "preflight", you head down the road to parts unknown. How far could you go before it quits or breaks?

Last year I took both my tourer and ute to our National Meeting at Murray Bridge, a 400 mile trip. That event was the happiest holiday I’ve had in my life time. We overnighted at Toolebuc, (pronounced too-lee-buck) now that’s a strange name isn’t it. An engine inspection revealed a busted fanbelt and I wasn’t carrying a spare, but along came 5 other A’s including expat American Dave. He had one and was pleased to provide. I did acknowledge and thank Dave in this forum some time back and now of course I now carry a spare. Apart from a puncher in Tasmania years ago I have not had any break downs.
But I have long been plagued with over heating and boiling. I replaced the original fan with a 5 blader off a Toyota Corolla and since bought plastic ones from Snyders that appear to be an exact copy. Then I had the radiators rodded out. That didn’t rectify the problem either. Then I did what I should have done in the first place, purchase a new radiator for two of the motor cars.
For the ute I purchased a sealed water pump and a pressurised radiator (4psi). That failed at the solder below the top tank. At this moment it is being repaired. I had run it on vinegar to clean the block of rust. Was it this or simply poor manufacture? I don’t know and maybe the repairer will advise.
I lost my basic knowledge and enthusiasm for mechanical work years ago because with aeroplanes and later a business there was always aprofessional to do this work for me. I now rely on others to help or provide. I do envy owners who are good at mechanical work and have their motor cars running to peak at all times.
The first production motor car made in Australia was a General Motors Holden and that was in 1948. I think it is possibly the most sort after motor car here and I have a pearler with only 24k miles. However I just don't warm to it or any others build since the 40’s with the exception perhaps of a very few British builds, but they are mechanically too intricate and that’s just too big a deterrent for me.
So I love my Model A’s, even just love looking at them. I have them all named, one of course is Woofa Express and that’s the ute, the tourer is Olive because the paint colour is “Desert sands” which is close to olive colour and Old Chocolate, a 1930 roadster coupe because of its colour.
I once gave a talk at our local club (antique cars not specifically Model A’s). I said whilst I was a married man I was in love with another lady, a much older woman, Henry’s lady. The girls were dark on me for a moment but forgave when I said Henry’s lady was my Model A.

Last edited by woofa.express; 08-24-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:18 AM   #695
woofa.express

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy View Post
Hey Gary, what's the farthest distance from home that you've flown your cropduster for a job?

How far from home have I flown my cropduster?

My summer work was primarily sowing and spraying and spreading fertilizer on rice. Other work was spraying tomatoes, sunflower and spreading fertilizer on same. Cotton in my area came later.
I never did travel far for summer work, mainly only 30 miles and exception was 60 miles were several farmers worked well together for my convenience. I did decline work simply because my workload was just too high. I should have hired a manager or stayed smaller. I worked 3 aeroplanes with the help of 2 very experienced pilots.
During winter I worked both home area and about 100 miles to the north east. The distant work was lucrative and in a great area. Farmers are a cohesive lot and the spirit and camaraderie was great. Welcome in the early morning with a fire which was burning posts from old fence lines. Morning teas, luncheons, afternoon tea, overnight with a hospitable family. I love working for farmers and in particularly isolated or remote areas.
At times my workload was just too high. One year, the biggest I’ve had I started spraying winter cereal on May 25. My first day off was Dec 25 and that was the first day I had all orders completed. We were all exhausted with accumulative fatigue. I'd flown 1,700 hours to the end of Jan. It was not only the flying but the programing and management workload was high.
Next story will be how far I have flown cropdusters as an employee or contract pilot.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #696
40 Deluxe

Quote:

[I once gave a talk at our local club (antique cars not specifically Model A’s). I said whilst I was a married man I was in love with another lady, a much older woman, Henry’s lady. The girls were dark on me for a moment but forgave when I said Henry’s lady was my Model A.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
That reminds me of what my Dad used to tell about when the Model A came out (he was a teenager then). This may have been part of a popular song, even. Anyway, it's "Henry's made a lady out of Lizzie!".
Just checked the internet. Yep, it was a popular song. neat to listen to!

Last edited by 40 Deluxe; 08-25-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #697
woofa.express

How far did I fly my cropduster to work? Question from Katy.

The Australian cattle industry failed in 1974 along with it support industries including aerial spreading of fertilizer, so I went to Queensland and sprayed grasshoppers. This lead to a full time job as a hired pilot on the Darling Downs. Cereal spraying for weeds in the winter and midge in sorghum in the summer ( an insect that feeds on the embryo sorghum seed). That would end about early Feb. From there I was sent to Far North Queensland (800 miles to the north west), about a days flying, remember our ag aeroplanes are not fast cruisers. I’d spray sugar cane for weeds: vines which would climb to the canopy of the crop and cause it to collapse. Very difficult work, small paddocks, considerable hill and gully work plus spraying herbicides which are of detriment to susceptible plants and crops which grow in these tropical areas. I enjoyed working there. Rain. Never seen anything like it. 24 inches in 24 hours and once 84 inches in 3 days. The soil never got boggy because it had a substantial sand content. I’d remain in the north for 2 or 3 months.

The second job entailing a big ferry or positioning was working in East Malaysia. Again as a hired pilot, not my aeroplane. I’d take the aeroplane from Adelaide in South Australia. 11 hours into Darwin and 12 hours to destination which was east of Lahad Datu, which, if you are interested, will find on Google maps.
I enjoyed the first leg because I like the colours in the landscape, the live stock and the outback. For most of the flight I’d cruise about 200 foot. The second leg over the ocean and I wouldn’t enjoy. The main reason was the boredom of endless nothing to see with the exception of 2 locations. The north of Sulawesi where the mountains rose steeply from deep ocean and secondly east of the East Malaysian town of Tawau where the village people lived in the coastal palms. The men would be fishing and kids would run out to the shore to wave to the aeroplane.
During ocean crossings I would keep an eye on the ocean for shipping that may have been handy in the event of engine problems, but in all the crossings I made I saw only 1.
The Malaysian work was spreading fertilizer onto oil palms. I did get tired of seeing palms and would have given almost anything to sit beneath a eucalypt or gum tree. The Malaysians were good people but didn’t do anything too arduous. For these tasks “guest workers” from other Muslim states were hired. Our loaders were Filipino and they were great. Some became Muslims to be eligible for employment.

A footnote. The town of Tully were I did considerable work has an annual rainfall of 160 inches. This was mostly in the wet season, the period when I did this work in Far North Queensland. Other towns I worked from or nearby had comparable. Two had grass airstrips at the time and I’d land where water covered the surface. This took some time to get comfortable with but when I did it was fun. Water would stream from the wheels over the wings and cabin.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg peninsula topdressing.JPG (49.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by woofa.express; 08-25-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:59 PM   #698
40 Deluxe

Gary, did any of your planes have air conditioning? Those long ferry flights must have been like an oven in the cockpit!
Old 08-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #699
woofa.express

Quote:
Gary, did any of your planes have air conditioning? Those long ferry flights must have been like an oven in the cockpit!

Did the cropdusters have aircon and heating?

I can well remember the cold winters where I’d sit in the cockpit and freeze when the sky was overcast. If the sky was clear it wouldn’t be so bad. I would wear plenty of woollen clothing including pure wool long johns and singlets with sleeves. I gave away leather footwear because when they became wet with dew I’d have cold feet all day. I bought rubber boots and cut the legs off just above the ankles. Physical movement was small thus no value in keeping warm. I’d get out and run whilst the aeroplane was been reloaded which was about every 15 or 20 minutes. I just wish there were puffer jackets in those days. They are the feather doonah type. They would have changed my comfort level from miserable to tolerable. There was one thing okay with winter flying and that is there is only 11 daylight hours so we had time to relax and sleep and night.Perhaps another good factor is the wind is mostly calm.

Now about aircon. No I didn’t have that comfort until late in the 1990’s. We spread fertilizer into rice in the heat of the summer. In additionto the air temp the radial engines increased heat by 3 degrees Celsius. That was hot work. I can remember returning home at the end of the day and jumping in the irrigation channel to cool off. I’d submerge my head for long periods because much heat is lost through the head. After 20 minutes I’d emerge and still be hot. Well there may be one good thing about working in extreme heat. You’d be working, too busy to be feeling sorry for yourself and uncomfortable. Being idle I find is more tiresome.

My eldest son Dennis was at boarding school in Melbourne where the school priest had once been the military priest. He asked the boys who would care to go to the Airforce base for a look sea. Of course Dennis was keen. They saw the training aeroplanes and cadets dressing and preparing for flight. Then they started removing all their special flying clothing and Dennis asked what was going on. He was told the temp had now exceeded 100, too hot to fly. He said his dad managed to fly all day in those temps. He was told he had no future with the military, to wear his thongs and a Cessna 150 would be his limit. Today he is a senior captain with an airline you all would know.

I remember in ’96, flying in the steamy palm plantations inMalaysia. The aeroplanes (Australian operation) were fitted with fans. I thought this was Christmas. In the late 90’s aircons were fitted to new aeroplanes and retro to older working aeroplanes. The first models shot coldair up ones legs which became chilled and one would have to turn it off. It must have bothered other pilots too for later it became ducted and better distributed.
Would you have bought a motor car without heating and aircon? I bet you wouldn’t. Right?

Deluxe mentioned aircon on long flights. I think I’ll continue the answer tomorrow.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #700
woofa.express

Quote:
continued from yesterday.

Ferrying to Malaysia or return wasn’t always easy. It’s in tropical weather. Darwin 12 degrees south and destination Sahabit is 4 degrees north. It’s an area that’s subjected to tropical thunderstorms. These fellows extend up to and sometimes higher than 35k feet. At times even airliners can’t outclimb them. I’d need to cruise at altitudes between sea level and 15k feet. Never enter them. I’d prefer to enter the ring with Mohamed Ali than do that. Our fuel load (1.9 ton, full fuel tanks plus full hopper) made the aeroplane very heavy and our engine full power output was only 740hp. It needed to be flown very delicately.

I remember one departure out of Darwin. For an hour and half I was at sea level and 117 miles (nautical) right of track and in heavy rain. Another time when tracking around thunderstorms I was getting burned in the face from both the sun and reflection off the white cloud. The owner of the operation told me I would be tanned on the other side of the face when I returned home. symmetrical.

Another time on approaching the international airport of Tawau I was over cloud. The controller asked if I was visual but no, I was on top (an official aeronautical term). I was instructed to hold altitude. A friendly Australian voice announced on the radio that the controller wouldn’t permit me to descend until I was visual. Well at that very moment I was visual and given clearance to descend. GPS showed the terrain below, rather crudely but clearly over water. It assured me I'd not find any rocks in the cloud. Where did this voice come from? That’s another story. But when I arrived he gave me 2 cans of cold coke from the airliner he was flying. From arriving tired I felt like I could walk on those clouds.

What would have been more welcome than aircon on ferry would have been auto pilot. This aeroplane, the popular Airtractor, was easy to fly and control loads were light. To achieve this the aeroplane was designed unstable. One had to pay attention at all times. There was no hands off times. No reading, no naps, no diversion of attention and nothing but water to see except the beauty of northern Sulawesi for a short period. I mentioned this earlier.

One time on departing Darwin I mishandled the fuel. I initially selected tanks when I should have selected hopper. After a lengthy climb I levelled out and fuel streamed from the top of the hopper because of a bad rubber seal. All over the windscreen and side windows. Of course I then selected hopper and in time as the fuel was used and the level lowered things returned to normal. It did smell badly of kerosene. Then came lunch. I had sandwiches prepared. Well they were kero impregnated. My next feed was that evening and I was ravenous I tell you.

The picture of Airtractor is from the internet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Airtractor picture from internet.JPG (36.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by woofa.express; 08-26-2019 at 04:56 PM.