Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-11-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
frank long island

Default 37 ford seagrave fire truck

hello I'm normally on the late v 8 forum I'm working on restoring a 37 ford fire truck i'm looking to put a modern wire harness in this I was planning on the speedway 12 circuit as it doesn't have many accessories speedway says it will work with the generator and regulator has any one done this? I have used this harness in a prior hot rod project and it worked out well the truck has been converted to 12 volts prior to me starting it. this truck has been to 48 states and is in the Guinness book of records for such, it will be restored to as stock as possible any guidance on this would be great also looking for a chrome plater for the sirens and hose fittings and other bits thanks in advance. if you want to see some of my work ck out my album on the late v8 forum
frank long island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #2
51504bat

Default Re: 37 ford seagrave fire truck

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I'm a fan of Rebel Wiring. Used one of their harnesses when I rewired my '39 p/u. I'm sure the Speedway harness will work but the thing about Rebel is if you have any issues you can call tech support and talk to someone who actually understands the problem AND knows how to fix it. And their stuff is USA made. Over on the HAMB there is an excellent thread by Rebel talking about just about any wiring issue. JMHO.