Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #81
bart78

Default Re: So sad!

I have a few friends that make the drive ft worth every day to build those planes. I say let them keep their jobs. They need to not put so many regulations on every thing. Build more oil refineries. When was the last time they built one of those. I see it every day with most of my family and friends that make their money off farming and ranching. They drive feed prices up so they can make gas out corn. A friend of mine has a dairy was telling me The price of feed goes up every day but the price of milk stays the same. There are plenty of ways to make more jobs for americans. If they would just close our boarder down here that would help a bunch. Buy American when you can there are just some things you are just sol on.
bart78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #82
cuzncletus

1. A primary target in WWII was Germany's bearing factories. Think about it.

2. China bought 70% of our potash futures for 2011. Potash is an essential element in making fertilizer.

3. China doesn't charge any taxes on products made for export. We do. Wasn't it the North American FAIR TRADE agreement?

Democracy and communism are diametrically opposed political philosophies. Communism is bent on one world government. Krushev during the cold war said; "We will rule you grandchildren without having to fire a shot." Wonder what the Chinese translation for that is? Try having this conversation with your grandchildren as they thumb away at their texting or are in an alternate reality on their computer games.

Shop locally. Buy American. It's all we can do to try to save what little is left of the America we grew up in.
cuzncletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #83
Fe26

Democracy and communism are diametrically opposed political philosophies. Communism is bent on one world government. Krushev during the cold war said; "We will rule you grandchildren without having to fire a shot." Wonder what the Chinese translation for that is? Try having this conversation with your grandchildren as they thumb away at their texting or are in an alternate reality on their computer games.

Rather than shooting the messenger (Kruschev) it might be wise to have the conversation among yourselves; how did we get to this point, and where to from here.

Communism failed in the former USSR for the same reasons democrazy will eventually fail in America. When citizens are fooled by their governments that a system that clearly isn't working is the 'best system' in the world, it's only a matter of time before they wake up. One big difference between the Soviet and the American citizen was; the soviet citizen always knew he was being fed propaganda and lies.

The Chinese gov't recognised a growing dissatisfaction among it's citizens in the early 1990's and degreed 'To get rich is good', so they did. The central government controls all things finanical for the benefit of the country and it's citizens, (this isn't to put a gloss over the big problems they have). The basic difference between the two systems is one subscribes to Me, Me, Me, the other subscribes to We, We, We.

Having said this I do realise America has been for the last seventy years the greatest force for good the world has ever known. What comes after Americas (slow and painful decline) will not be very good at all.

However, the seeds you have sowed are now reaping a bitter harvest. Others have seen this coming for the last four decades, they have tried to warn you, to no avail.
Khuschev saw this even earlier (but he was commenting politically not financially) when he said to a group of American journalists in September 1959 (in what has become one of the most misquoted and misinterpreted statements of all time).
"You are digging your own graves, we will merely bury you". He saw that your insatiable greed, self-interest and ignorance would be your destruction.

Instead of the USSR gloating, it will be the unfortunate Chinese who will now 'smile with two faces'. One face for the trouble you have got yourselves into, another with worry about how you will keep borrowing until the day comes when you cannot pay.

All of the remedies offered here, there and everywhere, from the sad, 'Buy American', to, 'The government must stop spending', and 'the rich must pay tax' are useless. When the citizens wake up and demand the massive structural changes that must be made, be made, when you start thinking We, We, We, instead of Me, Me Me, you might have a chance.

The kids in their 'alternate reality' will have to deal with these problems, because their elders are divided among themselves and cannot move in the right direction because of the toxic nature of Americans to it's government, (you are devouring yourselves). In this respect you are identical to the former citizens of the USSR, it's just they always knew their system was corrupt and a thin tissue of lies.

The Soviet citizen always knew induvidual wealth was just a dream and for him unobtainable, whereas the American citizen knows the dream is alive and well, and as long as the money can be borrowed, you need never wake up.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote