Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Cider Mill

Default Model T&A era only Car Show in CT

ATTENTION! Due to the weather forecast, we've decided to have the show on this SUNDAY (tomorrow). I apologize to anyone who cannont make it, but in general the responses to the change due to weather has been very favorable. It was a tough call, but we were asked to make it early for those traveling distances.

I hope to see many of you FORDBARNERS there!

PS, bring Mom along, my Mom is looking forward to it.

The 4th Annual Beardsley's Cider Mill Model T&A era only Car Show and flea market is scheduled for the second Sat in May, May 10th from 0930-3pm. There is no cost for cars, Model T&/or A parts venders, or visitors. Lunch is available for purchase. Last year we had 72 Model As & Ts and its growing each year. Rain date is Sun, May 11th.

We are located at 278 Leavenworth Rd (Rt 110) in Shelton, CT.

email [email protected] or call Dan at 203-925-9746 or Lenny at 203-375-6431 for more information

Last edited by Cider Mill; 05-10-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Cider Mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Model T&A era only Car Show in CT

wow a first class event, we had a great time last year showing the car, selling parts and meeting nice people. this year my daughter is graduating from college in florida the same weekend so no go for me. i highly recommend this meet for anyone that can make it.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
tbirdtbird
BANNED

Cool. Used to live one state away.

Got me thinking so I googled the Fairfield county AACA show that King Industries used to sponsor in Redding, a stone's throw from you. (it was in Norwalk before he moved it to Redding). I find no mention of that summer show, but instead a Fairfield County Concourse, which I never heard of even when I lived there. And they skipped it in 2013! (?)

If the Redding show is no longer that is a tremendous loss of an awesome pre-war show. I used to bring a 1911 Stafford (last one left to exist) that I was custodian of.
Any info on Redding?

Also, for your show, is Geo King ( not related to King Industries) involved? He is quite the mover getting out the pre-war cars, he has connections all over the country. He was the one who started the Mystic Seaport show and ran it for 10 yrs until the seaport decided they could do it better...which of course they could not. If you bump into George tell him hi from Dave and Miles in Texas
Old 03-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Roadster62

Cider Mill Meet is a MUST if you live within driving distance, went last year for the first time. Swap Meet is really nice for a small show. The Fairfield County HCCA/AACA Fall Meet is history. Went to my first one in 1961 when it was in Ridgefield, last one here was 1995. The show bounced around, Danbury, Norwalk and finally Redding. People moved away or passed on. They finally caved in and allowed POST 1942 cars and trucks in and that 1955 cut off couldn't save it. Small meets like the Cider Mill are were the hobby is going IMO. Maybe the meet can get some TV coverage from Wayne Carinni and "Chasing Classic Cars" he did get his start with Model A's you know. Bob

Last edited by Roadster62; 03-02-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Roadster62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
spdway1

Will you be selling Cider?
spdway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
Roadster62

Thanks Tim, Glad to know the club is still together, it really was something to see in the 1970's when the meet was here in Ridgefield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Kelly View Post
Bob:

The Fairfield County HCCA AACA Fall Meet still exists, and has done so without skipping a beat. The format is, however, different. Dick King now hosts the event at his home in Redding as a club event. It's really quite nice as it attracts brass cars and Dick opens his private collection which is something quite worth seeing.

Timothy
Old 03-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
tbirdtbird
BANNED

Dick's collection and even the building itself is beyond awesome. Glad to know the meet is still going on; actually longer than Hershey. Check it out if you can, you won't be sorry
Old 03-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #8
Roadster62

I'm fully aware that this is a Model A Ford site, and some people don't know or care that other cars have been build over the years..................BUT, you really need to Google 1911 Stafford! What a great restoration, so sorry I never saw the car at the Redding Meet. I watched the engine runin, reminded me of the Stoddard-Dayton that was at the Ridgefield Meet back in the late 1960's. Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdtbird View Post

If the Redding show is no longer that is a tremendous loss of an awesome pre-war show. I used to bring a 1911 Stafford (last one left to exist) that I was custodian of.
Any info on Redding?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #9
Cider Mill

Hi tbirdtbird, Bob King is a great guy. He rebuilt a 31 engine for me and even let me "help" him break it down. I learned a lot from him & then he took me out to lunch in his 1912 T. What a thrill. I've been asking him to come to the show, but he's a busy man. Maybe this year.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #10
Cider Mill

Mitch from PA, thanks for the kind words. We will miss you,,,,,and all your parts this year. Congrats on your daughters graduation.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:38 PM   #11
KGBnut

Last year was my first time at the event at Beardsley's Cider Mill. It is my new favorite show, and top on my 'don't miss' list.

I'm excited to hear that it is on again this year.

Hope to see you all there.

Ken
Old 03-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #12
spdway1

We are coming down modern....Can't wait.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #13
Roadster62

Shelton isn't a big town, and I just drove over without directions, if I didn't spot an A from Long Island I would have arrived a bit later. This year I'll ask for directions before I hit the road. Bob
Old 03-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #14
heck91426

A great show last year put on by great people. Hope you get 100 cars this year ! If all goes well, My Dad and I will bring up his '30 A and '27 T
heck91426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #15
Cider Mill

We'd love to get some AAs and TTs or any other unusual cars this year. We always get a town car or 2 and sometimes a mail truck too. Tell yer friends!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #16
DUNN1929

Smile Re: Model T&A era only Car Show in CT

We look forward to the event.

We can't bring the car this year as it is disassembled for restoration, but we will bring our enthusiasm for the As and Ts. Always a good show.

See you there.
DUNN1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #17
roccaas

Run that by your wife real fast, "Hon, I'm running over to the T and A show"!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #18
Bob-A

Thumbs up Re: Model T&A era only Car Show in CT

Wow! A real antique car show! I haven't been to one of those since the late 60's. It must be nice! The last "car show" I went to in this area had over one hundred vehicles and maybe three would be classified as an original, Model-A era {unmodified} antique.

Bob-A
Bob-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #19
spdway1

I am going to post this on the AA Truck Forum.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #20
Roadster62

Flea Market Vendors: I just desided I'd like to find a '31 Slant Windsheild FORDOR body, a parts body, or gutted one. Main thing that needs to be in good shape is the floor sill framework. Don't need doors or the cowl section, condition of rear tin doesn't matter. If you have something like this and never thought of draging it out, please PM me. Bob