Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-01-2022, 12:35 PM   #1
Y-Blockhead

Default Stolen AA & DURANT

Long shot but please be on the lookout for a 1927 Durant Coupe. Not too common so maybe some degenerate will try to off it.

A member of our club had his Model AA Truck and 1927 Durant stolen last week, week of July 24?? Southern California area. No picture of the truck yet?

Please PM me if you have any info. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4473.jpg (46.4 KB, 750 views)

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 08-01-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #2
JoeCB

Default Re: Stolen AA & DURANT

That's really bad and sad as well. I hear that the market for exotic vehicles is overseas. I hate to say, but the cars may already be sealed in shipping containers heading for a voyage to the mid-east or Russia.
Joe B
JoeCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:17 PM   #3
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCB View Post
That's really bad and sad as well. I hear that the market for exotic vehicles is overseas. I hate to say, but the cars may already be sealed in shipping containers heading for a voyage to the mid-east or Russia.
Joe B
Or IMO, to the nearest hot rod shop.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:21 PM   #4
burner31

Me and the boys will keep an eye out in Oklahoma for you, and if we find who took it...you can bet no one else ever will.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Geoduck,_Pa,_and_Crowbar!.jpg (88.8 KB, 40 views)
burner31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:17 PM   #5
Chuck Sea/Tac

About 15 years ago, a 57 Chevy convertible, a graduation present,sitting in an open carport near me disappeared. Everybody figured it was on a boat overseas. About two years later I drove by and the car is sitting in the carport. I stopped and knocked on the door, and asked the lady what it happened. Evidently two kids had stolen the car, which was not in good running condition, and couldn’t really get it going so they parked it in a open lot about 10 miles away in South Seattle and covered it with a tarp. Some guy walking his dog saw the tarp partway up, and recognized it as 57 Chevy. coincidentally he knew the guy who owned that car they called the cops and they got the car back. He’s since built a garage.
Strange but true!
Chuck Sea/Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 07:18 PM   #6
Synchro909

There is an even stranger story here. Sometime in the 1970s, a truck carrying several vintage cars was stopped at a road house while the driver got something to eat. He said that when he came out, two of the cars were missing (from the top deck!?!?!). They happened to be the two most expensive ones in the load. Now, fast forward to 1988 when we had a Bicentenary Rally with thousands of cars, many from overseas. One fellow from South Africa had entered and was in the process of getting temporary registration for the car when an alert came up on the system. He was informed that the car couldn't be registered because it had been stolen. It was one of the cars from the truck and was still in the system as stolen. The way things work here, is that since the insurance company had paid out on the claim, the car belonged to them. As is the usual practice, the car was offered back to the owner when it was stolen. He didn't want it back but before it went to auction, the South African guy bought it back. He bought the same car TWICE. The other car stolen that day is probably also somewhere in South Africa.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:45 PM   #7
Chuck Sea/Tac

Wow! That was an expensive trip!
Chuck Sea/Tac is offline   Reply With Quote