Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-10-2016, 10:36 PM   #1
BORN2L8

Default Bloomsburg Pa. Auction

Did anybody make it to the auction that took place Fri. and Sat. in Lightstreet, Pa.? It looked like a great auction with a hand crank coil tester, nice T panels and some good parts. My wife and I were heading there on Friday morning when we wrecked after sliding on a patch of black ice on a bridge over I-80. We lost the truck but we're grateful to be ok.
BORN2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
A bones

Unhappy Re: Bloomsburg Pa. Auction

Didn't get there, sorry for your loss. I wholly sympathize. I used to run I-80 in the middle of the night (eighteen-wheels) during temps hovering in the lower thirties.It always stymied me, made me wish I could wrap my fingers around the throats of the engineers who decided to make most every bridge (except the long ones) with a curve.

We all know 'bridge freezes before road surface', and time after time you run downhill to the bridge having to control the weight and speed, then release the brakes, dance across the bridge hoping to keep both vehicles in line.

I TOTALLY DESPISE PA I-80 Horrible thing also, was the first couple of decades it was all cement sections, that were not leveled block to block. You could not run it at any decent speed with a truck, without major backache, as you'd bounce from section to section.

Sorry for the rant (no I'm not) never had the opportunity to express my feelings about this epic fail of highway engineering.

I do, sincerely, hope that time and insurance money will make you whole again. Twenty years over the road, exposed me to too many views of broken mangled, dreams on the side of the road. God bless.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
BORN2L8

Default Re: Bloomsburg Pa. Auction

I agree with you. Nine other accidents came in over the radio within minutes of ours and near the same area.
BORN2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote